New striker?

The problem is that we have missed to many chances,that has been our undoing this season. We need to get more shots on target, but a shot ratio of around 25%-30% on target is simply not good enough. In some games this was even less than this.

So getting a higher shots on target ratio to missing the target would help One more thing that will also help, is players following up at the far post more often. How many more goals would have been scored if we have had players had done this.

I am sure that if we had done either or both of these in the Premier League we would have won it again. Maybe even won another domestic quad.

The bizarre thing about this though is that despite this we have scored more goals than any other team this season, by almost 20. Really has been a season of contradictions.

I dunno, Martinez and Felix are still yet to prove themselves, especially Felix. They might get better in a few years but at this point there’s equal chance they could fall off
Felix is an outstanding player who chose the wrong club to go to.

Pep would make him our Messi, I genuinely believe this guy will become the new Ronaldo/Messi in the next 2 years

The number of shocking misses we have is a problem but we also need to recognise that neither Sterling nor Jesus are out and out penalty box strikers. The number of balls that go across the six-yard line and need someone attacking them is ridiculous. Each of those players often makes the wrong run; if the ball is coming from out wide, attack the near post; if coming from close in, peel off to the back post. They do not do this instinctively. There’s also the problem that every cross off the ground needs to be at the perfect height and place got us to score.

We have to number 9s already with higher-than-average stats so I don't see the need for another until Aguero leaves.
You can't wait until Aguero leaves or declines, just look what happened when we did the same with Vincent Kompany.

We conceded the title by 16 points, unacceptable and unavoidable.

Felix is an outstanding player who chose the wrong club to go to.

Pep would make him our Messi, I genuinely believe this guy will become the new Ronaldo/Messi in the next 2 years

We’ll have to wait and see, I guess. If Atletico really was the wrong club for him, it does make you wonder how much their scouting/transfer department really looked into him.

You can't wait until Aguero leaves or declines, just look what happened when we did the same with Vincent Kompany.

We conceded the title by 16 points, unacceptable and unavoidable.
We didn't replace Kompany.
So a pointless analogy.

I said replace Aguero when he decides to leave. In the meantime we don't need 3 No 9s

We didn't replace Kompany.
So a pointless analogy.

I said replace Aguero when he decides to leave. In the meantime we don't need 3 No 9s
Exactly , that's the point I made.

We did not replace a vital player, a player whom had numerous injury issues and an ageing player, it cost us dearly.

We must not do the same with Aguero. We must look for a long term replacement now, it will considerably strengthen us, as well as protecting Aguero and probably extending his career.

I would also suggest we don't have 3 No 9 , in fact we don't have one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.