New striker?

True but reportedly Haaland has a release clause next summer so whoever triggers it will have to negotiate with him. If BVB don't renegotiate then he's free to pick from whichever club pays up.
I suspect his demands will exceed what we would pay, and if he has as good a year next season there will be lots of offers. I like him

Better to make the outlays elsewhere this season and then buy next year.

Kane will be 28 next year but still tied to a long contract, so his coming may depend on whether Spurs have improved sufficiently this season, or whether they need to rebuild without him. He may be tempted to move abroad for the pay out, or he may wish to remain in England to win trophies. He might also be tempted to remain in England as he has a decent chance of breaking Shearer’s all-time goal scoring record.

I don’t see us scoring fewer goals next season, and next summer Sterling and Jesus will then be 26 and 24, respectively, so we can then either go for a more experienced player or, my preference, a younger player. Haaland will be the profile name, but I’ll also be keeping a keen eye on how Boadu (AZ) and Malen (PSV) fair over the coming months.

I suspect his demands will exceed what we would pay, and if he has as good a year next season there will be lots of offers. I like him
Potentially. At that level though you have to look at the clubs who can afford it all. Really, it would likely be us, United, Chelsea, maybe Liverpool, Bayern, Juve, PSG, Barca, and Madrid. At that point, Barca may have Lautaro, Real after Mbappe, Lewandowski still playing, PSG a tough pull to bring to France, Chelsea have spent big on attackers this summer and United are looking at Sancho. That leaves us, Juve, and Liverpool and I have to think between being willing to spend as well as opportunity, we are every bit as attractive as those two. The thing that makes me wary is Raiola.

Does anyone here follow the lower leagues much? It's probably a long shot, but who's out there who could thrive even in our 2nd XI/league and fa cup teams? I'm sure our scouts have scoured these shores, but just wanted to ask.

Ok, shooting from the hip and just putting it out there but what about neymar? 28/29, going nowhere fast and out of contract next year I believe. Is a known admirer of pep (not sure on pep's opinion of him to be fair!) and partners jesus for Brasil. He could also do a job across most of the front line. Not sure on his scoring stats but I assume he scores a few and has played at an elite level. If he is entering the final year of his contract as I believe then signing on fee/wages could be obtainable?

Better to make the outlays elsewhere this season and then buy next year.

Kane will be 28 next year but still tied to a long contract, so his coming may depend on whether Spurs have improved sufficiently this season, or whether they need to rebuild without him. He may be tempted to move abroad for the pay out, or he may wish to remain in England to win trophies. He might also be tempted to remain in England as he has a decent chance of breaking Shearer’s all-time goal scoring record.

I don’t see us scoring fewer goals next season, and next summer Sterling and Jesus will then be 26 and 24, respectively, so we can then either go for a more experienced player or, my preference, a younger player. Haaland will be the profile name, but I’ll also be keeping a keen eye on how Boadu (AZ) and Malen (PSV) fair over the coming months.
We also have no idea what Peps situation will be next summer. If Pep goes thats a huge blow to bringing in a world class striker as he is such a pull for any young player.

We also have no idea what Peps situation will be next summer. If Pep goes thats a huge blow to bringing in a world class striker as he is such a pull for any young player.

If he goes, then it’ll have an impact on most players. That said, the pattern of our signings this summer, with perhaps the exception of Koulibaly, leads me to believe that he will indeed sign an extension- perhaps not a long one- and that the club is carefully assembling a very young team that he can mould in his image. By the start of next season, they’ll likely all be ‘his’.

If he goes, then it’ll have an impact on most players. That said, the pattern of our signings this summer, with perhaps the exception of Koulibaly, leads me to believe that he will indeed sign an extension- perhaps not a long one- and that the club is carefully assembling a very young team that he can mould in his image. By the start of next season, they’ll likely all be ‘his’.
Yes thats what im hoping. Both Ake and Torres have made comment on Pep and what it means to sign for him, so im hoping bbehind the scenes Pep has assured them he isnt about to bugger off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.