New striker?

This theory is oft repeated but is it valid? It’s well possible that Kun will be out for two months, then out again for another spell or even two during the course of the season. So, bringing rotation into account, a player such as Dybala could get serious game time.

There’s also a possibility this is Kun’s last or last-but-one season. Whichever, it‘s unlikely to be a full season with his injury record.

Legend though he is, we should be planning now for Sergio’s departure. We’ve (rightly) played fair with him, which gives us some leeway in managing his eventual exit.

I wouldn’t bet on Delap getting many minutes this season. There’s nothing to suggest Pep will risk anything on a 17-year old.
If it's valid or not is not necessarily the argument I don't think. Txiki I am sure has spoken with plenty of people but no top striker will join whilst Aguero is here imo. We have no doubt been planning for the replacement but what can we do if Aguero is still here.

If it's valid or not is not necessarily the argument I don't think. Txiki I am sure has spoken with plenty of people but no top striker will join whilst Aguero is here imo. We have no doubt been planning for the replacement but what can we do if Aguero is still here.

Perhaps convince a new striker that because of Aguero's age and persistent injuries that any new player for that position would get plenty of games, and would probably only be second choice for one more season until Kun goes back to Argentina. Plus pay him and his agent enough for them to agree it's a good move.

Haaland will now cost way more now than just a year ago. I would not be surprised if they price tag him more likely around £100m. Also don’t forget his agent, a nighmare doing business with. Ask RB Salzburg.
Worth every penny and and even better deal than Messi. This kid is a class act and just what we need. I’m surprised we’ve not moved heaven and earth to get him

No striker worth his salt is going to come here knowing full well he is third choice. Unless we are going to dig up some free transfer and throw him on the bench.

We simply cannot bring in another striker whilst Aguero is here. Current injury or not.

There is a shortage of world class strikers out there, even shorter list of ones who would make a move.
This is true. It's why it'd help us to have someone who can play up front but isn't necessarily a a striker primarily.

Unfortunately there's no room for a player like that with the wingers we have, unless we're going to see both Bernardo and Foden moved into midfield this season (which I doubt).

Perhaps convince a new striker that because of Aguero's age and persistent injuries that any new player for that position would get plenty of games, and would probably only be second choice for one more season until Kun goes back to Argentina. Plus pay him and his agent enough for them to agree it's a good move.
Definitely. A lot easier said than done though hah.

I think we are likely to move to a more 'fluid' front line anyway with Sterling, Jesus, Torres and so on just moving around in the front positions. We won't have an out and out striker.

That of course falls down because you would then say we can buy a forward and there is plenty of opportunities there because Sterling and Torres can't play every game but yeah I dunno.

I refuse to believe we don't have a target list to replace Aguero but there has to be reasons we haven't gone for someone. Perhaps we only have the cash for a CB and as we know the Messi deal was from a completely separate budget.

Danny Ings scored a shit load last season 28 we could easy get 3 years out of him at a decent price. The bigger teams wont let there top strikers go anytime soon. So that rules out most of the big names. Also getting Harry Kane will cost a huge amount. He be the most expensive when you put on the English tax for the players.
He's decent bloke too, so fits with that portion of our new signing requirements. Not a trouble maker, good in the community, English and score goals. I'm in! Sign him up!

Not so long ago people were saying this could be the year Jesus’ breakthrough year, now we’re likely to be out of the title race if he gets a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.