New striker?

We don't want a cheap option,we want/need the best.
This is one position in which the club can't do on the cheap, identify the player we want and go all out and get him, even if we have to pay over the top.
Mbappe would be the dream signing, but I don't think we have the slightest chance, next on the list Halaaland? if so, he is very gettable.

Last edited:
Milik just moved to OM for a 1.5 year loan with a option to buy.
He was a decent striker once don't know about him now. Point is a year or 6 months loan for a out of favour striker may work for us, only because we create so many chances. A half decent target man would get some goals for us. We are obviously not looking for a 30 goal striker. That happens this summer
Not getting one this summer would be real stupidity. But as i read the news there are plans to do just that. I just hope getting a striker a year late won't make us lose the title or a chance at CL this season.
My heart would burn seeing the rags winning it

Last edited:
He was a decent striker once don't know about him now. Point is a year or 6 months loan for a out of favour striker may work for us, only because we create so many chances. A half decent target man would get some goals for us. We are obviously not looking for a 30 goal striker. That happens this summer
Not getting one this summer would be real stupidity. But as i read the news their are plans to do just that. I just hope getting a striker a year late won't make us lose the title or a chance at CL this season.
My hurt would burn seeing the rags winning it.

Icardi - best option but PSG hate us i think
Diego Costa - wildcard
Hijack Wolves loan bid for Willian Jose from Sociedad

Not getting one this summer would be real stupidity. But as i read the news their are plans to do just that. I just hope getting a striker a year late won't make us lose the title or a chance at CL this season.
My hurt would burn seeing the rags winning it.
Would be great but imagine negotiating with Napoli after the Koulibaly affair.

We don't want a cheap option,we want/need the best.
I fully agree but will we get a Haaland or Mbappe type in Jan probably unlikely I’d say probably months of negotiations for those guys
I was only mentioning someone like him who we could buy for 10/15 million and offload and get our money back or maybe negotiate a loan deal
Someone like Giroud near the end who would help until the end of the season as well
I’m just slightly nervous with Aguero out and KDB injured as well we may need a striker for 2 or 3 games that give us those extra points that mean the difference
That said the club and Pep know and will be all over it

This is one position in which the club can't do on the cheap, identify the player we want and go all out and get him, even if we have to pay over the top.
Mbappe would be the dream signing, but I don't think we have the slightest chance, next on the list Halaaland? if so, he is vert gettable.
In January I can’t see how that happens unless the club haven’t been expecting Aguero back and have made plans already
I guess it depends if has got Covid and will be back and fit in 10 days or there are other injuries there as well

Danny Ings is a good shout for two reasons :
One - He as PL experience and has scored belters for a comparatively poor team in Southampton. His numbers are good for the service provided. He will be a good buy even if we get Haaland or any other young striker.
Two - His competition if aguero is moved out this season would be the New Galactico striker ( If we are going for someone like Haaland or Felix) and Jesus who is fairly competent playing in the wings.
Won't ask exorbitant wages and would probably want a couple of PL medals before he is retired. City is just the place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.