New striker?

What are the terms of the sale to Leicester in terms of buy backs sell on and bonuses ?

Does he count as home grown ? Or club trained ?

If the deal could be right I would be tempted to buy him sell Mahrez again if price right and buy Haaland use Jesus out-wide and use Haaland as moan striker and Iheanacho as back up

With due respect, he looks good playing in a team that plays mostly on the counter. And he’s good on the counter.

What makes you think he has the attributes to play in a one & two touch, possession based side against packed defences?

If we forked out £50m to buy him back then I can imagine he’d be very useful starter in maybe 7 or 8 games a season across all competitions.
Also maybe very good as an impact substitute - he could do his standing on the halfway line routine in the dying stages of a game that we’re already winning and when the opposition is pushing up trying to get an equaliser - so that we can close down, sit deep and hoof it in his direction on the break.
Apart from that I like the guy loads but I’m far from convinced that he’d cut the mustard in our system. If he’d shown signs of developing in our direction then I think we’d have loaned him out rather than sell him, either that or sold him for a lower fee with a lower buy-back.

Last edited:
Maybe we'll actually not get a striker like Pep said.

Dybala would be perfect as a F9 in our 3223 and he would probably be cheap as well because Pirlo don't know how to use him.

F9 by trade, good greator and passer, elite finisher and dynamic. Allows KDB to move back to midfield. Getting a borderline world class player that's being used wrong for a cut price screams Txiki

Multiple votes should be allowed for this..... Haaland is everyone's dream but he is hot property.

I will gladly take someone like Andre Silva or Isak if he's Pep's choice after Haaland. I do have doubts about Kane due to injury problems, his disgusting fouls and the fact that we might only see a few years of him at his peak but I can see why we need a clear finisher, especially if we want to make the club and Pep's dream of winning a Champions League a reality.

What are the terms of the sale to Leicester in terms of buy backs sell on and bonuses ?

Does he count as home grown ? Or club trained ?

If the deal could be right I would be tempted to buy him sell Mahrez again if price right and buy Haaland use Jesus out-wide and use Haaland as moan striker and Iheanacho as back up
If I remember correctly it was a £50 mil buy back clause available for the next 2 years, so is already expired.

Maybe we'll actually not get a striker like Pep said.

Dybala would be perfect as a F9 in our 3223 and he would probably be cheap as well because Pirlo don't know how to use him.

F9 by trade, good greator and passer, elite finisher and dynamic. Allows KDB to move back to midfield. Getting a borderline world class player that's being used wrong for a cut price screams Txiki
And he also stated in an interview, while playing for Palermo, that he would like to play for us one day. I absolutely love this guy, exactly what we need.

When I play on PlayStation I always choose Manchester City or Barcelona. I dream to play for one of those one day. - Paolo Dybala.

He’s had 3 very underwhelming goal scoring seasons and is Kane’s age. I get he’s not a pure striker, but not sure he’s the one to replace Aguero.
In my opinion Aguero is irreplaceable, the best player we will ever have and, of course, my favourite. For the false 9 position I think Dybala will fit us as a glove, the final piece of the puzzle. He has 1 more year of contract, wants to play for us, so should not be that difficult to bring him. Dybala can play anywhere on the front 3 or behind the striker, he clicks all boxes for me. As for the pure St, I m not giving up on Jesus yet, plus we also have Delap who will join the first team next year. Torres will be in his second season under Pep so I expect great things from him as well, we would be well cover all over the place. So for me would be Dybala+ bring back Douglas Luis and promote Doyle as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.