New u18 Scholars

12 new scholars. See the Watford lad is included (Galvez).

Any thoughts on who are the potential standout talents to keep an eye on?

Used to be I could have had a shot at an answer but nowadays (especially after the last 18 months) I'm afraid I've never even heard of one single name there.

I Googled Tomas Galvez and I could only find references to Watford. Was there some sort of announcement? He's a Finnish left back who seems well thought of.

Used to be I could have had a shot at an answer but nowadays (especially after the last 18 months) I'm afraid I've never even heard of one single name there.

I Googled Tomas Galvez and I could only find references to Watford. Was there some sort of announcement? He's a Finnish left back who seems well thought of.
https://www.mancity.com/news/eds-academy/academy-contracts-update-july-2021-63761967

It mentions the name of all the scholars in the last paragraph.

I'd heard of all but Murray-Jones. Turns out he's a goalkeeper signed from Southend. I'm pretty sure there's a few England internationals in there : Kotango, Lewis, O'Reilly, Taylor, Smith and, possibly, Whittingham.

Strong group of players, won the
national tournament at u10’s, u11’s and got to the final of the international truce tournament at u12’s, and most recently got to the northern final of the floodlit cup at u15’s before covid struck.

Not as strong physically as last seasons intake, plus the foreign players they signed made their group even stronger.

But they’re all technically sound, although some may need another year of 2 of physical development before showing their true ability.

Man City don’t give out contracts for the sake of it as they don’t need to, they’ve all got ability and it’s anyone’s guess who will progress the furthest over the coming years.

As for the 2 new recent signings Tom Galvez and George Murray-Jones, I can’t comment until seen them play. But they’ve been brought in on just basic compensation deals, so I don’t expect them to be world beaters, just good additions to the overall squad.

Surprised at Ben Knight getting a four year extension.
Looked decent when he came but doesn't seem to have kicked on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.