New/Used Car Financial Dilemma

Doesn’t work for everyone but I started leasing my cars 4 years ago each on 2 year contracts and wouldn’t do anything else now.

It does depend on getting a good deal at the time, but it can be well worth it if you shop around. I like it because I get a brand new car every 2 years and know I won’t have any issues to pay out for.

My first one was a top of the range brand new Astra, leather seats and all the stuff, and I paid £160 a month and about £800 upfront. Then I now have a Focus for £170 and same upfront payment but took the maintenance package out on it, so all servicing and tyres etc are included in the price.

Looking for my next one now in the next two months, but just waiting on a decent deal for something

Like I said, some people don’t leasing, some do. I like it and wouldn’t get a car any other way now. With your budget it could be something you could look into anyway
Recommend any good leasing companies? Im carless at the moment and leasing is where i think im going on my next car in the next few months.

Family of 4, dog + luggage, that's a horrendous squeeze into my Skoda Roomster, so I'm on the lookout for an upgrade, also Skoda, the Superb estate, petrol, max £10k. There's some out there, but the diesel is the most popular (and obvious choice with Euro6 compliance), but here in the London area diesels are Satan's work, if you ask Sadiq Khan's opinion anyway. And I doubt the fuel costs or the tax and insurances will go down, only increase. So yeah, petrol for me.

Recommend any good leasing companies? Im carless at the moment and leasing is where i think im going on my next car in the next few months.

I've used nationwide and rivervale for mine. They are brokers so the finance tends to end up being with one of the usual lenders like Lex, hitachi, lease plan etc

good place to start is leaseloco and leasing.com and check the deals. I usually just check the deals rather than search for a specific car.

Not been many good deals around recently though since Covid

Go look at Dacia - amazing value for money. Bought a Stepway Laureate in ‘17 as a daily/work car and it was great. Sat nav on 7” screen, electric windows, cruise, a/c etc - cost me £9,500 on finance to get the £500 dealer contribution and extended 5 year warranty, paid it off 2 weeks later.
Sold it 2 1/2 years later for almost £6.5k - and that was to We Buy Any Car as I was jumping out of one car into another and couldn’t be arsed with dealing with the inevitable nobheads you get when selling a vehicle .
Cost me about £30 a week. The guy I bought my current car off lost that per DAY!!!
Definitely worth a look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.