New Winger

A winger that can dribble and go past players. We only have Mahrez rn. The others ain‘t really wingers in my eyes. Sterling got the attributes but can‘t get around a fat cat that doesn‘t care about football.

Saint-Maximin and Traore have the ability to succeed here but the former has injury problems and the latter doesn’t have the decision-making abilities of a top player in his position.

Said a coupe of years ago Lookman as a back up to Sane, was given a big list of players who could do the job, then Sane got injured and our best right winger took over with everyone telling me that he was better on the left?, i then suggested Doku a player who can play across the front, we went out and bought another right winger albeit one that is good as back up striker, to be fair to all our wingers Peps slow tactics are butchering them all, which shows when Leeds have scored more on the counter against us than we have all season,
But there is always a winger coming through

A bit like CB last season where it feels like a need but if we bring someone in, we'll be overflowing at the position if (when) Torres and Sterling return to form. Not that that would be a bad thing, mind.

I think Striker and LB are the priorities this summer, unless someone leaves, but we should be ready to strike if the right player could be had at the right price. That being said, reading the tea leaves, I do think we'll be in for Grealish.

I believe we should introduce Cole Palmer into 1st team squad slowly as we did with Foden. Rumours this morning Real Madrid showing interest in Sterling. If true the club should negotiate his transfer for 80m plus and sign another top class wide man who can control the ball and score regularly from chances inside the 6 yard box. With 2 years to go on his contract and Sterling pushing for a wage increase I feel now is the right time to sell him before he decides to run his contract down.
Agreed hes class

We just got one, I have big hopes for Kayky and I would like us to test him out straight away to see if he can be a squad player immediatly. Unless we sell I'm not sure there is space for anyone considering Ferran hopefully continues the trend of new signing stepping up in their second season, and also Palmer who I'd would like to see start getting more minutes as well.

New senior signings at this point needs to either be upgrades on Mahrez or Sterling. Mahrez finally contributes on a constant basis allthough still have quiet games here and there, but I do think on current form we will struggle to find someone better unless we go all out for someone like Son.
Sterling has been hopeless for 18 months now so that is starting to be a worry. He has the attributes as he has shown plenty if times in the past to be exactly what we need and he is also HG. Allthough I think we will be in for Grealish(primarily as a midfielder) to add another HG spot to the squad and history has shown plenty of times that similiar players to Sterling often peak early I think the right thing to do is to go in to the next season with Sterling in mind and expecting him to start deliver again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.