New York advice

I don’t get it either . I’m a regular pub goer and knew I would be frequenting a bar so I did my homework on NY trip advisor forum . There is countless posts from Brits asking what the tipping etiquette is in a bar . Everyone posted the said the same , dollar a drink . But what if it’s € 7.50 ? You round up and still give a dollar !!!!. Shit system, just pay a fair wage

they do.
The minimum wage since last year in NY for any worker is $12 an hour.

As MES posted, you get two or three rounds in the same bar, you’ll get one back from the bartender.
Just be sure to ask him/ her where your tip is .

If anyone is in Times Square and is in need a of a cheap beer, there’s a great Dive bar called Jimmys Corner . The owner is a Ex boxing corner man , so there is lots of boxing memorabilia if your into that sort of thing . It’s small and has a great no frills vibe and beers are really cheap- Rolling Rock $3-50 I was drinking some type of IPA which was €4-50 . No kids allowed though , my lad & daughter where with us and where asked for their ID’s . Daughter is 23 so no probs, lad is 20 so got asked to leave because they don’t serve food!
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...ws-Jimmy_s_Corner-New_York_City_New_York.html

If anyone is in Times Square and is in need a of a cheap beer, there’s a great Dive bar called Jimmys Corner . The owner is a Ex boxing corner man , so there is lots of boxing memorabilia if your into that sort of thing . It’s small and has a great no frills vibe and beers are really cheap- Rolling Rock $3-50 I was drinking some type of IPA which was €4-50 . No kids allowed though , my lad & daughter where with us and where asked for their ID’s . Daughter is 23 so no probs, lad is 20 so got asked to leave because they don’t serve food!
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...ws-Jimmy_s_Corner-New_York_City_New_York.html

A great looking ale house:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.