New York Blues advice needed.

m7mcfc

My other half is off to the Big Apple and arrives on the 26th Nov, Thanksgiving. What I need to know is will she be able to change Sterling into Dollars that day/weekend anywhere or is everywhere closed due to it being a public holiday?

Thanks in advance.

Probably change in the UK. The airport in NY will have currency exchange, not a great rate. No banks open for sure, she might find something in the city.

she has 8 weeks to change it in the UK. Places like Cash Convertor don't charge commission and have a better rate than banks.
Better still, get a top up 'credit card' and take a small amount of cash.

I know that already mate it's just that someone advised her she would get more Dollars for her Pound over in New York,
Thanks for confirming this.

Banks will be open on Friday but she won't want to be anywhere near shopping centers because people lose their minds on that day. She'll be able to buy a 60" HDTV for $200.00 but she might get killed trying to get it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.