New York City FC

well the MLS will always struggle without an open market. That being said, the rags/dippers sells every time just because of the name (because the game is generally shite) so they're missing a trick just out of the hype of Boston v New York.
The problems with the Revs are
A) Having to use the vast 66,000 Gillette Stadium which is 28 miles from the centre of Boston.
B) Although trains run for the Patriots games from both Boston and Providence (state capital of Rhode Island - and actually nearer to the stadium than Boston is in 25 miles away) they wont put the trains on for the 'soccer'
C) In using the 'New England' tag they widen the catchment area to all 6 New England States. If they called themselves simply Boston they may get even less support.

The problems with the Revs are
A) Having to use the vast 66,000 Gillette Stadium which is 28 miles from the centre of Boston.
B) Although trains run for the Patriots games from both Boston and Providence (state capital of Rhode Island - and actually nearer to the stadium than Boston is in 25 miles away) they wont put the trains on for the 'soccer'
C) In using the 'New England' tag they widen the catchment area to all 6 New England States. If they called themselves simply Boston they may get even less support.

But it’s a long way from Maine to Boston. Even New Hampshire or Vermont is a fair treck.

But it’s a long way from Maine to Boston. Even New Hampshire or Vermont is a fair treck.
Not really..... from Manchester, New Hampshire to the stadium it is 77 miles (Yes I am bored and at work!!!!) and Portland, Maine (the first big town along the coast) to the stadium is 135 miles. In American terms, those are short distances to travel - admittedly not for evening games!
I've been to Revs games with 13,000 rattling inside the place but also a couple of times when 30 / 35,000 were there for big games at the end of the season and play offs. Those school buses were coming in from all over New England. The only part of NE that doesn't aligned itself with the Revs (same with the Patriots) is the southern to middle parts of Connecticut that see themselves leaning more towards (or originally from) New York.

Not really..... from Manchester, New Hampshire to the stadium it is 77 miles (Yes I am bored and at work!!!!) and Portland, Maine (the first big town along the coast) to the stadium is 135 miles. In American terms, those are short distances to travel - admittedly not for evening games!
I've been to Revs games with 13,000 rattling inside the place but also a couple of times when 30 / 35,000 were there for big games at the end of the season and play offs. Those school buses were coming in from all over New England. The only part of NE that doesn't aligned itself with the Revs (same with the Patriots) is the southern to middle parts of Connecticut that see themselves leaning more towards (or originally from) New York.

I thought it was further from NYC to NH or ME; it seemed to be when we drove it.

So yeah, I agree it’s not really far in American terms. We travel around 40 miles each way for City matches and think nothing of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.