New York City FC / Patrick Vieira quits for Nice

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by SlimShadyRus, 6 Jan 2016.

1. BongoBlue

BongoBlue

Hah...f**k the Stankees...RED SOX RULE! ;)

2. blueish swede

blueish swede

As I point out at every possible opportunity - the last thing US sports need is another culturally insensitive name for a team.

3. acton28

acton28

Olde England Status Quo is too long winded too. Perhaps the place's name followed by town, city, etc is too much. When two teams merge they can use the U****d label or something. So simple. If a team re-starts AFC That Team Village. Never understood the need to add Storm, Lightning, etc onto teams - it is too grand and pompous.

4. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

This is America we’re talking about.

5. KCblue

KCblue

Yeah, I would say the reason a lot of clubs in MLS did that was because it was formed well after the big leagues in our other popular sports, which all have [City/state name] + [Mascot/team name]. My local MLS club is one of the few who don't have a team name, but rather a club name. I like it better that way, at least with footy.

6. BongoBlue

BongoBlue

Good game today between NY and NE. 2-2 so far in the 83rd minute. Some cracking goals. You can tell the Pep influence the way that NY play it out from the back. Quite enjoyable game to be honest.

7. Shirley

Shirley

Just equalized with a screamer, 1-1 vs SJ

8. decmancity

decmancity

Ended up 2-1. Good win, squad looks decent this year and they finally have goalkeeper capable of saving something thats hit at him which is making all the difference.

9. waspish

waspish

Seems they don’t make any star signings anymore from Europe

10. decmancity

decmancity

Moralez has been very good for them, Villa goes without saying. Lampard came good towards the end and had a fantastic purple patch. Pirlo on the pitch was a disaster, off the pitch I am sure it was very good.

I can definitely see them making a move for an ex city player in the near future, Yaya or Zaba for example.