New York City FC

The NYC obsession is baffling considering that it is only partly-owned by us. Surely we should be more interested in the other teams in the franchise which are fully ours? Anyone care to explain?

The NYC obsession is baffling considering that it is only partly-owned by us. Surely we should be more interested in the other teams in the franchise which are fully ours? Anyone care to explain?

I think you using the word obsession is a bit OTT. They are still part of the CFG and some of us like to watch them,
especially if there is nowt else on. The standard isn't brilliant but they're, at times, quite good going forward.
Their defending, at times, is quite comical and a bloody good laugh.
Melbourne are the only other side that usually get aired and they are on at different times.
So we can get to watch both. Why you should be bothered what i and others choose to watch, is
more baffling to me.

I think you using the word obsession is a bit OTT. They are still part of the CFG and some of us like to watch them,
especially if there is nowt else on. The standard isn't brilliant but they're, at times, quite good going forward.
Their defending, at times, is quite comical and a bloody good laugh.
Melbourne are the only other side that usually get aired and they are on at different times.
So we can get to watch both. Why you should be bothered what i and others choose to watch, is
more baffling to me.
I'm not bothered what you watch mate. Thanks though.

Please tell me why it's baffling? 10 posts about a great goal, and recapping the score. Doesnt seem like a big obsession to be honest? And the fact that they are top of their division isn't half bad right?

Unless it's changed in the last year or so none of the CFG teams are 100% owned. Melbourne and New York are 80%, YF Marinos 20%.

Not sure in the Uruguay team.

Just having a look and it looks as though CFG might have bought out the minority owners of Melbourne City.

For those who haven't seen the goal:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39608537

I think as far as CFG see it, there are two types of clubs which they invest in: those they invest in to control and those they invest in as part of a partnership with the owner. Yokohama fall into the latter category (I honestly see that investment as nothing more than a mutual agreement response to Nissan's sponsorship deal with us, there's no real sign that they are properly running that club like they are the others) and all the other clubs in the former.

In fact you could argue that the only reason we have had 80% ownership of certain clubs is to exploit the local knowledge of existing teams from investment areas and their ability to navigate the local property laws. In Melbourne they have already managed to build a City Football Academy and have no intention of building a new stadium, so they bought out their partners as they had no more need for them. In NYC they are having a Dickens of a job building a stadium so they simply can't afford to do the same thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.