New York pre season matches Thomas Cook deal

EastStandLower

I ve enquired at Thomas Cook (Trafford Centre) on Sunday regarding this deal, me and the Mrs quite fancied 5 days in NY watch the footy visit Mad Hatters etc and then do 5 nights in LA.
Initial enquiry with TC works out at just under £2400 for the both of us.
That is Manchester to NY with 5 nights at the Holiday Inn, guaranteed match tickets, flights to L.A with 5 nights in the MGM grand and then flights back to Manchester.
I said we'd have a think about it and get back to them. Decided to go for it as we've not had a proper holiday for 5 years, so went back to Trafford with our quote to say we'd like to book. Now this price was dependent on the LA flights still being available, as it was after 6pm when we went back this could not be confirmed and the young lady said she would have it checked first thing and ring for payment this morning when all was confirmed.
No one phoned back this morning so I rung them quoting the ref no and no one had checked for us. I was then told I would get a call back as soon as possible. Ten minutes later I get a call back asking "which holiday inn do I want to stay at as there are over 20 in New York?" So I said "the one where the rest of the football fans are staying on this package deal presumably which will be within easy access of the football stadium"
At this point the TC rep apologises profusely saying she's just taken over the inquiry as the initial rep who is the sports co-ordinator is now on annual leave. I suggest there must be someone within the Thomas Cook organisation who would be able to give her the correct information. As the deal stands at the moment I could pay my £2400 and get dumped into some random holiday inn miles from the stadium with difficult access to public transport etc etc
Surely Thomas Cook should have some kind of structured plan as they are offering the deal in three separate shops? Or are they just basically organising the flights and dumping you into random hotels? No transfers to and from the airport or games, the only advantage of doing this is the guarantee of match tickets.
Has anyone else booked through Thomas Cook on this deal and if so did you get a Holiday Inn somewhere near the stadium or did you just get a vague response as I did?
Or are you planning to book your own flights etc and take a chance on the tickets?

there is a 50/50 chance I am heading to new york in july.

are the city date's in new york the 21st to the 25th?

I wasn't thinking about going until about the 29th but I could do to go early in order to see city.

Just booked direct with TC!!

Going on my own with the blessing of my fantastic wife!!

Fly at 11am 21st july with American Airlines & stay at the Penn Hotel for 5 nights

£938 all in inc Single person supplement

Match tix are seperate, but can't see there being a problem!

Feck it!! you're only here once :-)

I have been thinking about this for a couple of days.

Still not sure hell of a lot of cash when you can get flights at the moment for about £350 return.

Is it due to it being during the school holidays?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.