Newcastle (a) post-match thread

I think our tally of corners without a goal has probably reached 120 today! Thats depressing on its own. We lump the ball into the box when we've got the forward line of the 7 dwarves! (If I can still use thst phrase without upseting anyone!)

This seriously needs addressing .....

We could have 7 giants, but it doesn't matter if the cross doesn't beat the first man 99% of the time

To slow to predictable nobody willing to take a chance nobody playing for each other seems to be no confidence around the team atm it all points to unrest behind the scenes i just hope im well wide of the mark.

I think our tally of corners without a goal has probably reached 120 today! Thats depressing on its own. We lump the ball into the box when we've got the forward line of the 7 dwarves! (If I can still use thst phrase without upseting anyone!)

What seriously needs addressing? The corners, the dwarves or your phrase?

You need to get down to Blackpool and open up a fortune tellers stand. You saw a team that won the league with 100 points and the best goals tally in PL history followed by an unprecedented domestic treble, including an 8-0 FA cup final victory and an unlucky exit from the CL in the quarter finals would deteriorate so rapidly. We have had a bit of bad luck with injuries and the player's are obviously losing a bit of focus but the injured players will return and the team will get back it's mojo I'm sure. If your predictions true it would be the fastest decline of any teams talent in any team sport in sporting history ever.

Not sure why you are suggesting I predicted it based off last seasons form. I didn’t predict it beforehand like some kind of psychic, I predicted we would see similar performances and results regularly after the atrocious Norwich and wolves games because I didn’t see them as one off freak games as some suggested. there was a worrying trend in our play around those games and has been for months now. It’s the same thing every game, including the games we’ve won with us struggling with the likes of Southampton villa and Chelsea at home and Chelsea aside none of these are top teams.

There’s zero pace in the team, zero tempo and incredibly despite the players we have in the side little creativity. all you have to do is be reasonably organised and double up on the space sterling occupies and you make the game extremely tough for us. Walking out the ground today I suggested to a mate Newcastle barely had to do anything to get a point from that and the geordies overhearing me agreed. they put in a bog standard performance yet looked comfortable against the champions for large periods of the match that’s not right. Injuries are a cop-out. we’ve got 4 players sidelined, its hardly a crisis, a squad should be able to cope with that and it speaks volumes that we seemingly can’t.

I've waited to post, Pep has been fantastic yet he continues to play underperformers like Gundy, Mahrez , Mendy yet will not play last years POTS Silva regularily and wont give Foden at least a run. How he can even compare him with Messi but pkay Gundy every seek before him is an insult. Who the fuck agreed to buy Cancelo fo 50 mill but didn't buy a CB.

We can't win everything but we are playing with no real fight at the moment, we've got injuries but Laporte is the only real miss as I dont even think Sane would have stayed, thats another dissaster as he is probably the most missed player

Not sure why you are suggesting I predicted it based off last seasons form. I didn’t predict it beforehand like some kind of psychic, I predicted we would see similar performances and results regularly after the atrocious Norwich and wolves games because I didn’t see them as one off freak games as some suggested. there was a worrying trend in our play around those games and has been for months now. It’s the same thing every game, including the games we’ve won with us struggling with the likes of Southampton villa and Chelsea at home and Chelsea aside none of these are top teams.

There’s zero pace in the team, zero tempo and incredibly despite the players we have in the side little creativity. all you have to do is be reasonably organised and double up on the space sterling occupies and you make the game extremely tough for us. Walking out the ground today I suggested to a mate Newcastle barely had to do anything to get a point from that and the geordies overhearing me agreed. they put in a bog standard performance yet looked comfortable against the champions for large periods of the match that’s not right. Injuries are a cop-out. we’ve got 4 players sidelined, its hardly a crisis, a squad should be able to cope with that and it speaks volumes that we seemingly can’t.
You don't go from being an excellent team to a mediocre team in such a short period, at least I hope you don't. I know we have played mediocre on quite a few occasions this season but I don't think it's terminal. I was hoping we could hang onto Liverpool's coat tails because they will be dropping points in December I hope with that dodgy fixture clutter and having to go all out in the last CL qualifier. Maybe this year is just not our year in the PL, things sometimes conspire against you but I don't think any team formation would make much difference, we are mentally weak at the moment.

I don’t like what you have written, sorry. Upsetting has 2 t’s and not 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.