Newcastle defeat ''like a family death''

Mad Eyed Screamer

Sometimes footballers need to think before opening their mouths.
I had a brother who died when i was aged 17, he was aged 21. Trust me, give me a 6-0 City defeat any day of the week........
Pratt.

Steven Taylor: Newcastle's 6-0 Liverpool defeat like family death
Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has likened their humiliating 6-0 home defeat by Liverpool to a family death.

"It's a sick feeling. At this moment in time, it feels like a family member has died," the 27-year-old said.

"In the dressing room, looking around, everyone was devastated and realised the situation we are in."

The result was Newcastle's heaviest home defeat since 1925, and left them five points above 17th-placed Wigan, having played one game more.

Football pales into absolute insignificance when compared to a death in the family.

He's 27, so he probably hasn't experienced, or understands, what death means, so I'll give him some slack on that.

Bill Shankley made a famous comment didn't he, about football being more important than life and death. Well of course it isn't, just like players occasionally saying scoring a goal is better than sex!

Really......I know where I'd rather be scoring!

In Taylor's case i think the phrase

'Its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt'

is very apt,the dense twat!

FantasyIreland said:
In Taylor's case i think the phrase

'Its better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt'

is very apt,the dense twat!

Exactly. I think about my brother every day, 33 years on. my parents have never got over my brothers death.
This knob, on what - £40, 50, 60K???? a week won't give this game a seconds thought in 3 weeks time when he's sat on the beach.

I hope they get relegated. Then I look forward to his ''it was like 9/11 in the dressing room...'' comparisons.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Sometimes footballers need to think before opening their mouths.
I had a brother who died when i was aged 17, he was aged 21. Trust me, give me a 6-0 City defeat any day of the week........
Pratt.

Steven Taylor: Newcastle's 6-0 Liverpool defeat like family death
Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has likened their humiliating 6-0 home defeat by Liverpool to a family death.

"It's a sick feeling. At this moment in time, it feels like a family member has died," the 27-year-old said.

"In the dressing room, looking around, everyone was devastated and realised the situation we are in."

The result was Newcastle's heaviest home defeat since 1925, and left them five points above 17th-placed Wigan, having played one game more.

I'd take what footballers say with a pinch of salt mate. Most of them are thick cunts at the end of the day. These are the guys who need their agents to organise their morgatges, appointments and even wipe their arse, while driving in their tinted sports cars, they're so out of touch with real life and real people.

He probably said it to appease the fans somehow, and I'm sure some swallowed it. Just like a regular fan a loss is forgotten after a few days and I'm sure it will be for him. Lucky Palacios or Defoe isn't in his team I'm sure they would let him know

So what?

If he feels that way then so be it. Who knows what kind of loss he has experienced. Footballers are unintelligent and lack the basic fundamental cognitive English skills to form realistic metaphors.

Taylor wasn't diminishing your emotions over the loss of your loved ones. So what does it matter?

His experience of bereavement might be limited to an 80+ grandparent, aunt or uncle where the phrase "had a good innings" might come to mind. That's completely different to the sudden loss of a child/parent/sibling, particularly if they were young.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Football pales into absolute insignificance when compared to a death in the family.

He's 27, so he probably hasn't experienced, or understands, what death means, so I'll give him some slack on that.

Bill Shankley made a famous comment didn't he, about football being more important than life and death. Well of course it isn't, just like players occasionally saying scoring a goal is better than sex!

Really......I know where I'd rather be scoring!

I've played at the Etihad in charity matches and have had the good fortune to score a couple of goals at the South Stand end
In the fractions of a second it took the ball to travel from my foot into the back of the net, it was very reminiscent of my sex life

If i were a Newcastle fan I'd much prefer to hear that than the QPR player's reacrions to the 0-0 draw against Reading where they were relegated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.