Newcastle (H) Post-Match Thread

For once, I actually agreed with Mcpointalot. Newcastle WERE shite. But that was because we MADE them look shite.
I don't know where they get the adulation for the Elephant Man from. His game plan has always been to frustrate the opposition, generally with a 5 - 4 - 1 formation. IMO, he wouldn't know how to play an open, expansive game.
Another 3 points gained.

Dave still looks like he has another year at the highest level if his performances are 'managed'.

If we can score 14 in 4 games we can reach 100 league goals again. Long shot but you never know.

Steve Bruce fucken sucks lol. I’ve literally never been impressed, over the course of a complete season, by the teams he’s managed.

Just a reminder...Steve Bruce is supposed auditioning to show the Saudi's that he deserves the job post-takeover and shouldn't be replaced.

Absolutely shameful performance that, it actually got to the point where I was quite angry at how bad they were, it wasn't a football game. Our lads did their job very well in crap conditions and played some nice football but Newcastle were actually so bad it detracted from my enjoyment of how good we were at points.

In the cup game I thought, "Oh OK he's prioritising the league" which looking back makes no sense as they're safe anyway. Today though? Burton Albion gave us 10x more trouble. How can a professional manager see the problems we have had this season and just instruct his team to be completely passive, neither press nor defend the box, try to dribble it out of defence until the target man went off and then hit it long to nobody.

If Bruce had any dignity he'd resign on the bus home.

Great to see Doyle get his debut. KDB get closer to the assist record (his teammates should have taken him past it) and Bernardo looked more energetic.

Negative points were Sterling almost ending KDB's season with that hospital pass.

If he had any dignity, he wouldn't have applied to be manager of his boyhood club whilst Mike Ashley was in charge.

Love to see Dave stay for one more season. Need to win the chumps and send him off in style.
We’ve given contract extensions to players with less in their legs, if he can press like that in extra time for that last goal how much of a risk is it with him sharing playing time with Foden?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.