Newcastle (H) - Sun 8th May, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that 22 of their 35 man squad have athsma, ffs that's some going if they claim that! Why didn't it set the alarm bells ringing with the drugs testers
Apparently it’s not illegal, it’s come from probably the most bent sport out there, cycling. There’s several personnel associated with top flight teams who have been involved in top flight football teams. Pep got rid at Bayern, tells you all you need to know.

Heading off in 10 minutes, train to town, plenty of liquid in and around the northern quarter.
Feeling nervous ( I always do) let's get at the geordie hipocrites from the first minute, get it put to bed by half time, then I can relax, add a few more goals in the second half to boost the goal difference and bobs your uncle.
Cmon City let's be loud and proud and bring the points home.
Just having a bacon barm then doing the same, bit twitchy about this one.

I think Pep will do:

Eddie
Cancelo Dias Laporte Ake
Rodri
KDB Bernardo
Mahrez Grealish Sterling

This is one of those rare occasions where playing second could turn out to be really beneficial as we desperately needed that shot in the arm of Liverpool dropping points before we played this game.

Can't afford to be complacent though. I remember in 2018/19 when we lost, against Newcastle ironically enough, and everyone was handing the title to Liverpool only for them to drop points the following night at home to Leicester.

A repeat of 2013/14 when Liverpool lost 2-0 to Chelsea and we capitalized immediately by going to Selhurst Park and winning emphatically would really dampen their spirits.

I don't like how some fans are thinking we are going to win by 3 or 4 goals and assuming this is a forgone conclusion. Newcastle are bang in form with 5 wins out of the last 6 and that was a narrow defeat to the dippers. They have had a full week's rest and have nothing to lose today, Eddie Howe has them playing some good football and they have the tools needed to cause us a lot of problems.

A number of our players look to be understandably very tired at the moment and carrying knocks.

I would like to see us come out and be at their throats from the first minute but I just can't see it.

I'd take a scrappy 1:0 win now.
I'd take that too, but only at the end of the match, not sure my nerves would be comfortable with that during the actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.