Newcastle (H) - Sun 8th May, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, everybody, but when Raheem Sterling was bought, he too was the most expensive English player that there'd been. He looked downright lost under Pellegrini in his first season. And people were saying the exact same thing.
I'm not talking about his recent form, but he came pretty good in the intervening seasons, didn't he?

And we paid more for KDB, as did the rags for De Maria. Raheem was 20, Jack is 27 in September and we paid over double at £100 million than we did for Raheem. If we had paid £50 million there wouldn't be an issue, but didn't.

And we paid more for KDB, as did the rags for De Maria. Raheem was 20, Jack is 27 in September and we paid over double at £100 million than we did for Raheem. If we had paid £50 million there wouldn't be an issue, but didn't.
To be fair, £100m now is about the £50m mark of 6 years ago in the wacky world of football transfer inflation.

I’ve actually seen more positive attacking play from Grealish in the last few games, hopefully he’s on the path to proving his worth.

We are (still in my opinion) the best football team in the world - he is having to come into an environment of excellence and is supposed to stand out just because of his price tag? Doesn’t work that way.

If we signed the following now (at the age they were at time of signing) their price tags would be;

KDB - £120m
Bernardo - £80m
Sterling - £90m

Will be interesting to see if West Ham play hardball over Rice - will anyone pay £100m plus for a CDM?

We paid a premium for Jack but doesn’t mean he won’t come good. Would be nice if he’s a big factor in the next 4 games.

Sunday can’t come soon enough for me!

I'm sure the players will feel exactly the same. It must have been frustrating after the Chelsea CL final to have to wait for the start of the new season to get back out there. I expect the fans and players to be bang up for this game. We've got a title to retain.

To be fair, £100m now is about the £50m mark of 6 years ago in the wacky world of football transfer inflation.

I’ve actually seen more positive attacking play from Grealish in the last few games, hopefully he’s on the path to proving his worth.

We are (still in my opinion) the best football team in the world - he is having to come into an environment of excellence and is supposed to stand out just because of his price tag? Doesn’t work that way.

If we signed the following now (at the age they were at time of signing) their price tags would be;

KDB - £120m
Bernardo - £80m
Sterling - £90m

Will be interesting to see if West Ham play hardball over Rice - will anyone pay £100m plus for a CDM?

We paid a premium for Jack but doesn’t mean he won’t come good. Would be nice if he’s a big factor in the next 4 games.
Grealish has started to run outside-esp last night and Leeds. Instead of taking the easy option he needs to take responsibility.

And the 100m is over 6 years not 9 months. There's a top class player there.

I'm sure the players will feel exactly the same. It must have been frustrating after the Chelsea CL final to have to wait for the start of the new season to get back out there. I expect the fans and players to be bang up for this game. We've got a title to retain.

The majority had the Euros to go and lose after the final defeat!

Agree though, need to get back out there and get back to winning ways. Needs a big atmosphere and for us to make a statement. It starts off a huge week of 3 league games which we have to win. This side has great character. Many might say otherwise after last night, but we'll pick ourselves back up I'm sure of it.

I feel incredibly flat this morning-trying to process it all. The players will feel exactly the same.

We come together Sunday-we carry this team. They need us like never before.
Same here ,just hoping that it may push us to get the Prem.and stop the hysterical quad.as I'm sure R.M.will get stuffed by the Dippers.
Hoping the old saying "what doesn't break you makes you stronger" will apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.