Newcastle Jets sign Spencer Prior

Wheelsy

The best deadline day signing ever (yes, even better than Robinho) will get a call up for Newcastle United Jets in Australia.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24855635-5000940,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 40,00.html</a>

Spencer Prior joins Newcastle Jets

By staff writers
December 30, 2008

FOX Sports News can exclusively reveal that English footballer Spencer Prior will join the injury ravaged Newcastle Jets for the rest of the season.

Prior, 37, has spent most of his career in the English Championship, where he played at Norwich City, Leicester City, Derby County and Manchester City.

Spencer will train with the first team today ahead of Newcastle's trip to Wellington on Sunday.

The defender helped Manchester City gain promotion to the Premier League in 2000 but only made a handful of appearances in the top flight competition for the Blues.

He joined third-tier Cardiff City in 2001 and helped them rise to the Championship before returning to his home-town club Southend in 2004 where he stayed until moving to Australia last year.

It shows the quality of Newcastle and the A-League in general that a TV host in retirement will play for the defending champions in the country's most prestigious league.

I hope this means we will no longer see him in the leadup to the televised games.

He is absolutely drivel as is the preview show itself.

I notice of late that the leadup show has been shelved more often and the telecast goes straight to the game or 5 minutes prior to be more precise.

This is a good thing and I hope this continues although it may just be because Simon Hill ( another dud host whose only saving grace is he is a blue ) has been getting interstate games ie away from Sydney on the weekends in the A League more often of late and is temporary worse luck.

You can't blame the league, chicken and egg with some Aussies more interested in football at the other side of the planet.

Turkish footy was rubbish 20 years ago, but with national pride and hard work their game improved no end. Cyprus is emerging strongly too, if they can do it Australia can.

Barcode Jets Australia. Do they play in magpie stripes. Can't stand the bloody name. Pledge my life and my soul in 1955 just to see the bloody Tyneside barcodes do us in the first minute. Stuff Wor Jackie Milburn, and you, Wheelsey, get back to bending some bloody bananas.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Barcode Jets Australia. Do they play in magpie stripes. Can't stand the bloody name. Pledge my life and my soul in 1955 just to see the bloody Tyneside barcodes do us in the first minute. Stuff Wor Jackie Milburn, and you, Wheelsey, get back to bending some bloody bananas.
He'll be in mourning over the cricket; leave him alone!!

jimharri said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
He'll be in mourning over the cricket; leave him alone!!

Hey did you see Ponting at the press conference this morning? Reminded me of old baconface after MANUre get a going over by anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.