Newcastle PL game on 18 April postponed

It’s not about saying shut up moaning it’s just about saying what do we want?
If people would prefer us to be like we used to be, similar to how Villa are now, I’ve got absolutely no problem with that. We will play most games at 3 o’clock on a Saturday, might get to a semi-final or even a final now and again, will moan about the manager, the rich clubs and dream about being taken over. Sometimes, it actually sounds quite tempting to go back. Then I remember how terrible it was sometimes (although losing didn’t feel quite so bad and the unexpected wins were joyous) but, on balance, I’ve enjoyed the last 10 years more than any other period of 10 years supporting City so the moving of games, whilst far from ideal is, for me, a price worth paying. I fully appreciate that for others, it’s not.

It's not even particularly about the movement of games, it's the notice, or lack of.

West Ham rearranged with a week's notice. Arsenal the same. They know Chelsea and Newcastle will now be moved, but I fully expect them not to announce when they will be played until the week before.

There's more to life than football, and some of the other stuff also requires notice.

The games are re-arranged at short notice because they can't risk fixture congestion down the line if we keep getting midweek games in the CL and have to move another couple of Saturday games for FA Cup matches.

You'd easily get semi tickets.

Bad news, but for the benefit of others it's worth pointing out that the dates of the cup rounds are known well before the start of the season.

Get in touch with the club. They will sort you out

You can have my 2 if we get there as i'm definitely not going to the semi final.

If that's the case I am sure there will be plenty on here that would be able to sort you out with tickets as a lot wont go for a semi which is understandable.

You'd get tickets for the semi final at Wembley if we get there, and also if we get to the Champions League Quarter Finals and are at home second leg you will probably get tickets to that. Depends when your flight gets in I suppose.

Pretty confident we'll have to play a rearranged home game against either Chelsea or Newcastle on the 21st or 22nd April, so I think you'll get to see us at least once.

Getting very carried away but the 1st leg of the Champions League semi final is set for 28th/29th April.

Obviously none of this matters if Coronavirus kicks in and games are played behind closed doors.
You'd get tickets for the semi final at Wembley if we get there, and also if we get to the Champions League Quarter Finals and are at home second leg you will probably get tickets to that. Depends when your flight gets in I suppose.

Pretty confident we'll have to play a rearranged home game against either Chelsea or Newcastle on the 21st or 22nd April, so I think you'll get to see us at least once.

Getting very carried away but the 1st leg of the Champions League semi final is set for 28th/29th April.

Obviously none of this matters if Coronavirus kicks in and games are played behind closed doors.
Thanks for the replies guys.
I really appreciate the offers of tickets etc.

So I'm pretty confident now of seeing City at least once. So I fly in to UK 15/4 and out 30/4. Nothing else is booked at this stage as I knew fixtures were subject to change so I can book stuff when games are confirmed.
Now the talk about playing games behind closed doors has thrown a spanner in the works. I'll be really disappointed if I can't watch them.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I know but that's at Wembley.
I wanted to experience a home game. I've got access to tix at the Etihad but I don't think I would get any semi final tickets

You could join your nearest Branch of the Official Supporters Club who could probably make sure you get tickets for the semi final in your own name.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I really appreciate the offers of tickets etc.

So I'm pretty confident now of seeing City at least once. So I fly in to UK 15/4 and out 30/4. Nothing else is booked at this stage as I knew fixtures were subject to change so I can book stuff when games are confirmed.
Now the talk about playing games behind closed doors has thrown a spanner in the works. I'll be really disappointed if I can't watch them.

I’m in exactly the same boat mate (31/3-19/4) - booked the trip with my 9yo son way back in October (when I thought the league would be a close run thing in April). Keeping an eye on coronavirus updates...

It’s not about saying shut up moaning it’s just about saying what do we want?
If people would prefer us to be like we used to be, similar to how Villa are now, I’ve got absolutely no problem with that. We will play most games at 3 o’clock on a Saturday, might get to a semi-final or even a final now and again, will moan about the manager, the rich clubs and dream about being taken over. Sometimes, it actually sounds quite tempting to go back. Then I remember how terrible it was sometimes (although losing didn’t feel quite so bad and the unexpected wins were joyous) but, on balance, I’ve enjoyed the last 10 years more than any other period of 10 years supporting City so the moving of games, whilst far from ideal is, for me, a price worth paying. I fully appreciate that for others, it’s not.
I'm the same, don't remember the good old days being that good. Nostalgia it's not what it used to be

Bought plane ticket from Australia to UK staying 14/4 till 30/4 for my first ever City game and now I may not even see them.
FFS
There’s a real possibility your flight will be cancelled. I hope Im wrong as I have a flight booked from Toronto to Manchester on 23rd April but I’m expecting the worst.

the premier league will need to be extended to june/july at this rate. its now become crazy and just about impossible if the premier league want to complete the season. also looking at champions league and the fa.cup its only manchester city that still in both really. chelsea are all but out and will not turn around the away leg

so the fixtures manchester city have to fit in is not going to happen unless we are given help by the governing bodies. and will all know what uefa think of us ? the premier league will be pushing to get the games in for TV. the the FA will want some sort of showcase semi final and final and if city beat newcastle when it restarts god knows how many games city will still have to play

city have 10 games in the premier league. 1 game in the champions league. one game in the fa cup. so a minimum of 12 games and a possible 2 more games in the fa cup and 5 in the champions league. so a total of 19 games city maybe have to fit in in 2 months ??? not going to happen is it

the premier league will need to be extended to june/july at this rate. its now become crazy and just about impossible if the premier league want to complete the season. also looking at champions league and the fa.cup its only manchester city that still in both really. chelsea are all but out and will not turn around the away leg

so the fixtures manchester city have to fit in is not going to happen unless we are given help by the governing bodies. and will all know what uefa think of us ? the premier league will be pushing to get the games in for TV. the the FA will want some sort of showcase semi final and final and if city beat newcastle when it restarts god knows how many games city will still have to play

city have 10 games in the premier league. 1 game in the champions league. one game in the fa cup. so a minimum of 12 games and a possible 2 more games in the fa cup and 5 in the champions league. so a total of 19 games city maybe have to fit in in 2 months ??? not going to happen is it

Should just scrap the FA cup. It has hardly any financial consequence for anyone bar the FA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.