Newcastle - Sir Joseph

TomInce93 said:
Barton was a good player in a average team but was great to get the support going and is a legend.
A legend? Are you sure? I doubt that even De Niro or indeed any of Barton's supporters would seriously class him as a legend. For where we were at the time, both in terms of actual league position and where we were as a "work in progress" (horrible phrase), he did a job. However, when he decided to piss off, I don't remember any of the "Sky 4" beating down our door to get him.

Heard all the stories about how he treated other players, but on the pitch I thought he was very good for City.

I'd have him in our squad now.

jimharri said:
TomInce93 said:
Barton was a good player in a average team but was great to get the support going and is a legend.
A legend? Are you sure? I doubt that even De Niro or indeed any of Barton's supporters would seriously class him as a legend. For where we were at the time, both in terms of actual league position and where we were as a "work in progress" (horrible phrase), he did a job. However, when he decided to piss off, I don't remember any of the "Sky 4" beating down our door to get him.

Yh a legend might be going a bit to far actually alot too far but in my view he kept us up more or less on his own.

It'll be interesting to see how he does next year. I think he had the potential to be up there with the best, but with all the 'distractions' and injuries, he's never been able to push to the next level. Maybe he genuinely isn't capable, or maybe, if he can stay fit and out of trouble, he'll surprise one or two people.

Or he might end up back in prison. Toss-up really.

Loved Joey at city, shame he wasted his talent.
I dont really hate him like other blues just disappointed in people wasting talent.

If he'd been at City in another era, he might have been a true City legend. Without the corrupting influence of fame and money - in the days before CTV in city centers - back in the day when you were expected to beat people up in training, to toughen them up for Saturday - when clubs could cover up all sorts of dodgy activity with a back-hander to the local sports reporter.

Back then Joey could have been king.

Barton was a very good player for us, I wish him well.

He was a better version of Lomas (who was a good player for us).

It is a shame how people want to slag off our past players.

I don't understand why such venom is aimed at him when he plays against us now.

One player who gave everything for us when we were dire. I for one will be giving him a clap next year if/when he plays against us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.