Newcastle - Sir Joseph

Immaculate Pasta said:
If Joey was as good as people are making him out to be, top 6 player ect then why did no one touch him when we were skint and shite? and don't say his off the field baggage as Bellamy has had plenty of clubs and admirers, as has Antonio Cassano.

The fact he hasn't is because not only was the rent-a-quote wanker a thug, he didn't have the talent or ability to make you take a chance of all that off the field baggage.

Clubs were cautious on him when we sold him because he''s a complete dick. The fact that he got sent down proves they were right.
Newcastle were a top club when they signed him, and he'd just broken into the England squad.

liamctid said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
If Joey was as good as people are making him out to be, top 6 player ect then why did no one touch him when we were skint and shite? and don't say his off the field baggage as Bellamy has had plenty of clubs and admirers, as has Antonio Cassano.

The fact he hasn't is because not only was the rent-a-quote wanker a thug, he didn't have the talent or ability to make you take a chance of all that off the field baggage.

Did you know you're probably the only city fan who's opinion I respect yet cannot say a good word about Barton?

I hated him and i hated the admiration for him, he was nothing but a sham. I can see why he was the shining light for most city fans at that time as he was the best of a very bad bunch, just shows you how poor we were, it was a miracle the league was packed with worse sides than us and we managed to go one a great run over xmas as that was a team worthy of going down. He's never done anything in his career and he never will at 28, that's not because of his off the field antics as there has been worse players than him yet still went on to achieve things in their careers.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

Clubs were cautious on him when we sold him because he''s a complete dick. The fact that he got sent down proves they were right.
Newcastle were a top club when they signed him, and he'd just broken into the England squad.

If Newcastle were a top club then so were we as they finished a point and a place above us the season Barton left. The next they finished in 12th on the same points and the season after that were relegated.

As for England wouldn't take a 10 minute cap as a beacon that he was a top six or even a good player, Michael Ball, Michael Ricketts, Anthony Gardner, Lee Hendrie were all called up for england an gained a solitary cap, not one of them good enough for a top side, just one of the big fishes in a shite pond, just like Mr Barton.

Immaculate Pasta said:
liamctid said:
Did you know you're probably the only city fan who's opinion I respect yet cannot say a good word about Barton?

I hated him and i hated the admiration for him, he was nothing but a sham. I can see why he was the shining light for most city fans at that time as he was the best of a very bad bunch, just shows you how poor we were, it was a miracle the league was packed with worse sides than us and we managed to go one a great run over xmas as that was a team worthy of going down. He's never done anything in his career and he never will at 28, that's not because of his off the field antics as there has been worse players than him yet still went on to achieve things in their careers.

I can understand where you're coming from. I hated the admiration a certain player got before he joined us, and I still think the way some go on about him is a bit small time. But thats a completely different topic all together.

Best of a bad bunch is an understatement. Sometimes he was the only one to turn up. There wasn't a lot of players since that I've thought 'well if he doesn't play, I don't see how we're gonna win/not lose'.

quiet_riot said:
Horrid horrid person, scum of the highest order...but...

de niro said:
said it before and i'll say it again, he just would not let our team stroll though games as we have been doing, anyone not pulling his weight would get a bollocking, regardless of how much they cost.

good player to have around if you ask me.
agree with this also.

I can't condone what he's done off the pitch (and in training) but when he was with us he was one of the few who did a job for us and his contribution at that time - playing, cannot be underestimated.

there were reasons he was on the fringe of the England squad, and others why he didn't break into it.

almost, and very close - but no cigar for Joey.

Immaculate Pasta said:
liamctid said:

I hated him and i hated the admiration for him, he was nothing but a sham. I can see why he was the shining light for most city fans at that time as he was the best of a very bad bunch, just shows you how poor we were, it was a miracle the league was packed with worse sides than us and we managed to go one a great run over xmas as that was a team worthy of going down. He's never done anything in his career and he never will at 28, that's not because of his off the field antics as there has been worse players than him yet still went on to achieve things in their careers.

-- Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 pm --

Didsbury Dave said:

If Newcastle were a top club then so were we as they finished a point and a place above us the season Barton left. The next they finished in 12th on the same points and the season after that were relegated.

As for England wouldn't take a 10 minute cap as a beacon that he was a top six or even a good player, Michael Ball, Michael Ricketts, Anthony Gardner, Lee Hendrie were all called up for england an gained a solitary cap, not one of them good enough for a top side, just one of the big fishes in a shite pond, just like Mr Barton.

I watched him with my own 2 eyes every week for years.

I believe he is a very good midfielder, good enough to be on the fringes on the England team.

On the occasions I've seen him since for Newcastle he looks the same player. He's a good tackler, he can boss the midfield, he's a decent passer and has a reasonable strike on him. Nigel De Jong without the negativity. Michael Johnson with a bit less grace and a bit more aggression.

As I said, I wouldn't be that surprised if he got back in the England squad in a year or two. As long as he stays on the straight and narrow, which is going to be the hard part.

Didsbury Dave said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

-- Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 pm --

I watched him with my own 2 eyes every week for years.

I believe he is a very good midfielder, good enough to be on the fringes on the England team.

On the occasions I've seen him since for Newcastle he looks the same player. He's a good tackler, he can boss the midfield, he's a decent passer and has a reasonable strike on him. Nigel De Jong without the negativity. Michael Johnson with a bit less grace and a bit more aggression.

As I said, I wouldn't be that surprised if he got back in the England squad in a year or two. As long as he stays on the straight and narrow, which is going to be the hard part.

The only way Barton will get back into the England squad is if the plane carrying the 23 man squad to SA crashes and so does the replacement plane with the replacement 23 man squad, just then he might make the next squad of players supplying crosses to Chris Eagles and co.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
lol at all these experts telling us what makes a 'class' player and they've never kicked a ball in their lives.
GingerNut.jpg

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
lol at all these experts telling us what makes a 'class' player and they've never kicked a ball in their lives.

PMSL coming from a guy who plays/played for a local Sale sunday league side.

If only you knew ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.