Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wages without doubt need addressing as well as agents and their fees.

But honestly, how do you police it?

Not sure. A wage cap of some sorts maybe, then introduce some kind of luxury tax as they have in American sports. Introduce some kind of penalty if clubs go over the percentage they're allowed to allocate to wages that season. I don't know. I'm no expert in finance regulations. I just think something has to give.

Last edited:
many like Robinho. Roque Santa Cruz. Jo. Wayne Bridge. Tal Ben Haim. Glauber. Emmanuel Adebayor.
like i said we spent millions on crap and only a few that was value for money
Just hold on. If you buy a load of players, some will fail; all clubs take a risk with transfers. But but but...which of the players you list, other than Robinho, were bought for "the wrong reasons"? Big Mal and Swales left some time ago!
I'll concede that Santa Cruz was a Hughes favourite and he seemed to be the only person not bothered about his sick note.

I’m not buying into this ‘oh they deserve a bit of success’ shite that’s coming from a certain corner of our fan base, and on this thread.

Newcastle fans are like rags/scousers, they believe their club is somehow holier than thou and they have some god given right to success. They’ve sneered at City over the years and now all of a sudden the racist judging of our ownership has gone out of the window now they’ve got a few quid.

I hope it blows up in the fuckers faces, bollocks to them.

On the other hand I’ve always found Sunderland fans to be a friendly and reasonable bunch - always had a bit of a soft spot for them, a bit like West Ham.
You’re not wrong, the self appointed best fans in the world bang in about Football being a “religion” in that part of the country. I have news for them, there’s no difference between your passionate support than ours, simple as.

Not much, but it's why I question it's effec

Not sure. A wage cap of some sorts maybe, then introduce some kind of luxury tax as they have in American sports. Introduce some kind of penalty if clubs go over the percentage they're allowed to allocate to wages that season. I don't know. I'm no expert in finance regulations. I just think something has to give.
That’s already being discussed by UEFA, it was widely reported in the media.

Every market needs to be regulated in one way or another. I don't know if FFP was the right or fair way to do that, but the idea that transfer fees and wages can just keep ballooning without measures to control it is just bonkers to me.
Very hard to justify the capping of wages or transfer fees. You can think of reasons why some want to do that, but that's not the same as having a justifiable reason. It's protectionism and it would inevitably unbalance things. I have always said that Debt is the ultimate regulator, but G14 wouldn't wear it. @Prestwich_Blue says you cannot regulate one line, you have to take a balanced view of the total financial situation of a club.

I’m not buying into this ‘oh they deserve a bit of success’ shite that’s coming from a certain corner of our fan base, and on this thread.

Newcastle fans are like rags/scousers, they believe their club is somehow holier than thou and they have some god given right to success. They’ve sneered at City over the years and now all of a sudden the racist judging of our ownership has gone out of the window now they’ve got a few quid.

I hope it blows up in the fuckers faces, bollocks to them.

On the other hand I’ve always found Sunderland fans to be a friendly and reasonable bunch - always had a bit of a soft spot for them, a bit like West Ham.
So fucking true

Every market needs to be regulated in one way or another. I don't know if FFP was the right or fair way to do that, but the idea that transfer fees and wages can just keep ballooning without measures to control it is just bonkers to me.

Well that what happened with the rags under fergie also chelsea then us for 2/3 years till ffp put a stop to that but guess what the rags kept breaking player transfers players wages too!

There’s a lot of talk about Newcastle signings. In my opinion the most significant thing City did was get Ferran and Txiki in. I have no doubt Newcastle will do well. How quickly depends on the board room appointments. I don’t think you can put in a robust global scouting network overnight.
Don’t you think someone who has been actively trying to buy Newcastle, for the best part of 3 years, would have already had this in place.
Having stumped up £300 million for the club, I’d definitely have had my own football analysis / scouting system in place, for at least as long as I’d been interested in buying the club.

When we were bought out, it all happened so fast. Yes we had some of the best people around, to guide us through the early stages, but didn’t have the time Newcastle’s new owners have had for planning, and it cost us a lot of money, buying up players that weren’t good enough or permanently injured.

Yep looks like it's going to be 70% max of turnover on wages. Should also be a maximum for debt (but there wont be) on fixed assets variable to that figure up to a maximum including amortisation costs. Obviously loan payments plus wages and player costs should not consistently be above 100% turnover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.