Newcastle United takeover?

“The big 9”

I cant wait.

Every time a club like Everton, Newcastle, Wolves, Sheffield get taken over or set their aim higher, it's another team that can force United down the table on a bad year.

Back in the day they would do badly and finish 2nd or 3rd. Then circa 2013 that became 5th/6th now I think it could be 10th and with a couple more takeovers...14th and below.

I cant wait.

Every time a club like Everton, Newcastle, Wolves, Sheffield get taken over or set their aim higher, it's another team that can force United down the table on a bad year.

Back in the day they would do badly and finish 2nd or 3rd. Then circa 2013 that became 5th/6th now I think it could be 10th and with a couple more takeovers...14th and below.
We have genuine competition in England these days and long may it last. During the late 90s and 2000s it was just a procession for United who had five times higher revenues than their nearest rivals. They won 13 out of the first 20 titles and no one said the league was weak. The Premier League was a joke then, just like the leagues are nowadays in Spain, Germany, and Italy. I welcome all this competition. As a City fan all I have ever wanted was for us to compete at the highest level and win some trophies. If Wolves, Everton and now Newcastle can get their acts together so much the better.

The debt the rags have is what will take them under, what sane person would now buy that club and buy the debt and then have to invest in redeveloping Old Trafford whilst trying to build a squad that compete. Newcastle are similar to what we were in 2008, a fan base to tap into and a club which can be bought into on the cheap compared to what you could get the rags for.

Have you read Prestwich Blues reply to a question I put to him in the Rag thread ? It is like Love Story meets The Terminator and if it happens I might never recover (unless doctors have found a way to re-sow an arse back onto to someone)

Does anyone know what Newcastles turnover was last year?

If this goes through they would have to spend big money in order to get into Europe, but once they get there they run the risk of FFP.

Pisses me off that people cant see what stares them in the face.

Have you read Prestwich Blues reply to a question I put to him in the Rag thread ? It is like Love Story meets The Terminator and if it happens I might never recover (unless doctors have found a way to re-sow an arse back onto to someone)

Yeah was delightful reading staring young Daniel James as John Connor the leader of the resistance.

Does anyone know what Newcastles turnover was last year?

If this goes through they would have to spend big money in order to get into Europe, but once they get there they run the risk of FFP.

Pisses me off that people cant see what stares them in the face.

Aren't new owners allowed to spend 'big' in the first year or so under FFP rules?

Aren't new owners allowed to spend 'big' in the first year or so under FFP rules?

I believe so but as i understand it they are still subject to the 3 year rolling assessment period, to get into the top 4 I am guessing they would need to spend at least £600 million. And if they then want to go on and challenge for the league then another big spend on top.

I can't see them getting top 4 next year and like us it may take a few years before the money spent gets the result they want, by this time they will be into the assessment period.

I believe so but as i understand it they are still subject to the 3 year rolling assessment period, to get into the top 4 I am guessing they would need to spend at least £600 million. And if they then want to go on and challenge for the league then another big spend on top.

I can't see them getting top 4 next year and like us it may take a few years before the money spent gets the result they want, by this time they will be into the assessment period.
Under the "new owner" rule all they have to do is convince UEFA that the business plan is sustainable and will take them into compliance within a reasonable time. The rule was introduced to help the Milan clubs, struggling to re-establish themselves after take overs. Worked for Inter, but not AC, whose new owner couldn't raise the finance to service the loan with which he bought the club. AC now owned by US equity fund!
City, of course, not being G16, were not offered any such relief.

Under the "new owner" rule all they have to do is convince UEFA that the business plan is sustainable and will take them into compliance within a reasonable time. The rule was introduced to help the Milan clubs, struggling to re-establish themselves after take overs. Worked for Inter, but not AC, whose new owner couldn't raise the finance to service the loan with which he bought the club. AC now owned by US equity fund!
City, of course, not being G16, were not offered any such relief.

The relief rule wasn't in place at the time.

I don't think it was anything to do with being anti-City, but because Italy was being left behind and needed a boost. Might be viewed as to counter the PL strength, but was as likely to be a payoff for Italy to support a change somewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.