Newcastle United takeover?

Rule n
The relief rule wasn't in place at the time.

I don't think it was anything to do with being anti-City, but because Italy was being left behind and needed a boost. Might be viewed as to counter the PL strength, but was as likely to be a payoff for Italy to support a change somewhere.
Rule not in place at time of Milan takeovers either. Introduced when they whinged. Agree not anti City per se, but would they have responded if we whinged? Er, no!

Rule n

Rule not in place at time of Milan takeovers either. Introduced when they whinged. Agree not anti City per se, but would they have responded if we whinged? Er, no!
And because the rule wasn't in place, we had to be creative about how we avoided sanctions. So they changed the rules not to help us but to fuck us up.

I cant wait.

Every time a club like Everton, Newcastle, Wolves, Sheffield get taken over or set their aim higher, it's another team that can force United down the table on a bad year.

Back in the day they would do badly and finish 2nd or 3rd. Then circa 2013 that became 5th/6th now I think it could be 10th and with a couple more takeovers...14th and below.

Surprised Wolves haven't had a splurge. They have a good manager playing nice footie, a very good squad as a basis and a good following.

A few "big" signings could elevate them into the Chumps League.

Only 3 days & around 6 hours until this can be filled in the bin with the rags 'look who we're buying' file..........until the next window.

Only 3 days & around 6 hours until this can be filled in the bin with the rags 'look who we're buying' file..........until the next window.
Totally agree with your statement. I think this is the 3rd time in 3 years that Ashley has "been close" to selling up and then it has fallen through.
Hopefully another bitter disappointment for the deluded Geordie fuckwits.

I think the Saudi Sovereign Fund would buy 100% don’t see why Amanda Stavley would be needed I would, also, expect it would be done very hush hush like out take over

Ah that’s how Liverpool buried their failure of ffp then, earmarking 50m (!) on the extremely dubious new stadium. Nice book cooking

Liverpool even went to the lengths of getting a JCB to dig a few holes in Stanley Park in a pathetic attempt to convince people that they were starting work on their new stadium. A few friendly sycophantic press hacks were on hand to give the sorry pathetic publicity stunt credibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.