Newcastle United takeover?

Blocking the Newcastle takeover on the grounds that someone in Saudi Arabia is pirating Bein is the same as blocking Sheikh Mansour's takeover of City on the grounds that, as Deputy PM of the UAE, he's responsible for the war in Yemen.

Or blocking Abramovich as Chelsea owner on the grounds that, as a Putin confidante, he's responsible for the Russian annexation of Crimea. In fact Abramovich isn't even allowed to remain in the UK and is a direct target of the UK Intelligence agencies as a result of Russian sanctions. He can only visit as an Israeli citizen and can't have anything to do with the running of Chelsea.

They're not the same thing at all. If a company called Addidos were operating out of India selling knock off Man Utd, Chelsea and Sheff Utd gear all over the world and those clubs contacted the Indian government several times to try shut them down and where told to get fucked each time, that would be similar if India came looking to buy Newcastle. An Indian individual could purchase them no problem, but the state itself would be politely reminded to get fucked.

if the take over is in place then the due diligence is the reason the media have to wait on to confirm the take over and its in the back ground. but from what i heard and its little is that they are not even in the due diligence stages and nothing is signed or agreed like fees

so if the newcastle take over is what they are talking about on media outlets they have a changed of mind ?? its only for one reason something big is coming up on the markets and maybe united and the glazers could be about to sell up because of the covid19 outbreak ? its hitting united hard on the stockmarkets and loss of earnings and maybe its about time before the price falls even more ???

No I’m not. I’m arguing their owners are the same people, ie The Saudi Government. Newcastle would not be privately owned. Stop with your false equivalencies.

The PIF is not a private entity (the clue is in the name).
Despite the fact CFG own City, which is over 75% owned by an individual with 2 other non-Emirati investors, we have a very direct link to the Abu Dhabi government, with Khaldoon al-Mubarak and Simon Pearce on the board. Khaldoon is MBZ's right-hand man and most trusted advisor.

And I agree with you that the piracy issue is a problem, albeit one that isn't a deal-breaker. It'll be solved with some sort of commitment to pay for the content by the Saudis.

To what did this refer?

“It seems 'they' tried everything else, Human Rights etc and when it all failed they brought up this issue.”

Who are ‘they’?

'They' as I keep saying are the history clubs and in my opinion they are driving the issue, pushing for the takeover to be sacked off. They, the history clubs first brought up human rights, as did others, when it was apparent that did not work they brought the murdered journalists fiancée into the fray. During all this time they could have brought up Piracy but there was deathly silence from everybody in the media and elsewhere. When it was clear even the murder was not going to stop the takeover Piracy was suddenly brought to the fore.
Let me be clear, I have no problem if someone has a genuine reason for the takeover to be stopped, but when a different reason is found each week it stinks of an orchestrated campaign by those who stand to lose the most.

During all this time they could have brought up Piracy but there was deathly silence from everybody in the media and elsewhere. When it was clear even the murder was not going to stop the takeover Piracy was suddenly brought to the fore.
I think that was prompted by Bein Sports letter to the PL with accompanying documentation showing that SPIF owners and BeoutQ’s enablers were the same thing.

I think that was prompted by Bein Sports letter to the PL with accompanying documentation showing that SPIF owners and BeoutQ’s enablers were the same thing.

Why did the Premier League need prompting ? Previously you said about the PL and others 'All lose money due to their rights now being pretty much worthless.'

I would have thought that they would have been all over this from the start and yet they needed prompting, very poor business sense, very poor.

Why did the Premier League need prompting ? Previously you said about the PL and others 'All lose money due to their rights now being pretty much worthless.'

I would have thought that they would have been all over this from the start and yet they needed prompting, very poor business sense, very poor.
The PL have indeed been all over this (trying to shut down BeOutQ) for some time.

The clubs were promoted to lodge complaints for two reasons: 1) Bein Sports gave documents to the PL alleging the links between the Saudi PIF and BeOutQ. Until Bein gave that evidence (which we’ve not seen but PL lawyers have), the PL were most likely unaware. 2) It’s only just gone to the PL to ratify the takeover.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious asking these questions now as it’s been covered on previous pages.

The PL have indeed been all over this (trying to shut down BeOutQ) for some time.

The clubs were promoted to lodge complaints for two reasons: 1) Bein Sports gave documents to the PL alleging the links between the Saudi PIF and BeOutQ. Until Bein gave that evidence (which we’ve not seen but PL lawyers have), the PL were most likely unaware. 2) It’s only just gone to the PL to ratify the takeover.

I’m not sure if you’re being serious asking these questions now as it’s been covered on previous pages.

I am being serious but I am not sure you are reading the question as your answer does not tally with it. The PL have previously complained about the piracy but got nowhere. That is a fact. The takeover has been in the news for many many weeks, another fact. It was only in the final stages of the deal that the Premier League decided to complain about the Piracy, you said in the previous post that they were prompted by a letter from Bein Sports so I asked why did they need prompting. If it is such a serious issue and they are losing so much money they must be really concerned for their product. For that reason I would expect them to be acting swiftly to kill the prospect of a takeover dead. If they had any business sense they would have then announced why they had stopped it.

I just do not think it is as big an issue as you make out otherwise surely they would not have waited so long.

It was only in the final stages of the deal that the Premier League decided to complain about the Piracy, you said in the previous post that they were prompted by a letter from Bein Sports so I asked why did they need prompting. If it is such a serious issue and they are losing so much money they must be really concerned for their product. For that reason I would expect them to be acting swiftly to kill the prospect of a takeover dead. If they had any business sense they would have then announced why they had stopped it.
Because the documents from Bein allegedly show the links between PIF and those running BeOutQ as I just said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.