Newcastle United offer free half- season tickets.

I don't think we'd be getting any more than they currently get had it not been for the takeover. - Just checked: 2007-08 average 42,126 with Thaksin and Sven, 2006-07 average 39,997 with Pearce and 10 home goals all season, 2005-06 average 42,856 with Pearce.
On the other hand nobody raved about our support even when we averaged 28,273 in the third tier.

I don't think we'd be getting any more than they currently get had it not been for the takeover. - Just checked: 2007-08 average 42,126 with Thaksin and Sven, 2006-07 average 39,997 with Pearce and 10 home goals all season, 2005-06 average 42,856 with Pearce.
On the other hand nobody raved about our support even when we averaged 28,273 in the third tier.

39,997 with Pearce we all need sectioning

This is the tip of the iceberg, as TV becomes the outright controller of football without any consideration for match going fans. Wall to wall coverage and stupid kick off times are destroying the game as a spectacle for personal attendance. More and more teams will do what Newcastle are doing in the hope that some of those who receive the free tickets may wish to become a fully paid up holder next season. Good luck to them I hope it succeeds but I very much think that the horse has bolted.

Whilst our wonderful owners will still try to squeeze an extra 20 quid out of our largely working class fan base no matter how much tv money comes in.

when they did the £30 for away fans it got my goat up ?? and you was sat in the same stand as them and on the same level and paid £45 because you are a home supporter ???

look football will always be the sport of the nation, and if your hooked on your club you pay the asking price and your football club will milk as much possible they can out of you, football is a drug and having to be there is still the be all and end all of many city fans, and many many fans have not missed a game for years and clubs take them for granted

city the other week did a great thing with inviting all the fans that went to the champions league away game at shakhtar donetsk to the home game from free in the VIP boxes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.