Newcastle United takeover?

True Geordie on Youtube finally gets what we've been saying about FFP for the last 10 years. It took failed Saudi takeover of Newcastle for the penny to finally drop! I have little sympathy for this w4nk3r! Especially for all the crap he threw in our direction over the dodgy DS emails and UEFA ban and subsequent appeal. But worth a listen for about 70 seconds from here, just to hear him say City fans were spot on all along!

Yes, Toon were one of the Hateful 8/ Nincompoop 9 who wrote to Uefa saying in effect:
"We haven't seen the evidence, but we want those cheating oil-drenched arabs banned even if proved innocent. We don't believe in due process for dusky foreigners."
Racism is alive and well in the boardrooms.
The premier league just gave you a taste of you own medicine. Feels good eh?
The names of the shameful clubs, yours included, are listed in the CAS judgement for all to see.
Makes you proud to be Geordie, doesn't it.

I haven't been proud to be a geordie in a long time.mainly due to the current regime which will have been the people complaining about man city not the fans. I've never hated man city and had good times drinking with them up here. Especially the season we flucked 5th with pardew. That was the last time i generally felt we could beat you. But yaya Toure had other ideas lol,now it's just a case of keeping the score down in our games.

I haven't been proud to be a geordie in a long time.mainly due to the current regime which will have been the people complaining about man city not the fans. I've never hated man city and had good times drinking with them up here. Especially the season we flucked 5th with pardew. That was the last time i generally felt we could beat you. But yaya Toure had other ideas lol,now it's just a case of keeping the score down in our games.
I expected you to reply to my ironic call as you have. A word of encouragement: we had a very long night with Peter Swales as chairman. He did so much damage we finished up broke in the third tier. A long long way back, but, mirabile dictu, we made it back to the middle of the prem and even achieved 5th with Peter Reid. The loyalty of City fans, not to mention a new stadium, was a big draw for Mansour and co. So just keep going. Your situation is not much different to ours then and you have the added advantage of being a single club city. I think the deal may still go through in a different format but you will encounter opposition dirty tricks, opprobrium from the media and a whole lot more besides, as we have suffered for 10 years. We just laugh it off now and the haters and plotters are losing credibility.
Good luck, more competition to the red American clubs is so welcome. And NO you can't have KdeB!

You should be proud of your club and you can't choose your owners, we had Swales for 20 years!
I've got family in the North East and was at SJP the day YaYa scored that brace.
Your fans have always been ok with me when I've spoken to them.
I'm glad the penny is starting to drop with your fans with regard to the way we're demonized after the way it played out with the take over and the bile spewing from the usual suspects.
I wanted the takeover to go through as I think another strong team will be good for the league. I didn't have an issue with Newcastle spending money under John Hall's reign in the 90s and I don't remember any other City fans who did either.
Having said that people have long memories and signing the letter with the rest of the noncey 9 will not be forgotten in a hurry.
Fair play to you for coming on another teams forum too.

I wanted your take over to happen just as I was happy when Chelsea broke up the 2 horse race with arselona and the rags , the more competition the better but the likes of red scouse , rags , arselona and spurs do not want another club challenging , feel sorry for the fans but not the club for what they did along with the hateful 8

You should be proud of your club and you can't choose your owners, we had Swales for 20 years!
I've got family in the North East and was at SJP the day YaYa scored that brace.
Your fans have always been ok with me when I've spoken to them.
I'm glad the penny is starting to drop with your fans with regard to the way we're demonized after the way it played out with the take over and the bile spewing from the usual suspects.
I wanted the takeover to go through as I think another strong team will be good for the league. I didn't have an issue with Newcastle spending money under John Hall's reign in the 90s and I don't remember any other City fans who did either.
Having said that people have long memories and signing the letter with the rest of the noncey 9 will not be forgotten in a hurry.
Fair play to you for coming on another teams forum too.

Had to be proud of a club that's fine with finishing 17th so Ashley can take all the sky money as well as advertise sports direct around the stadium for free. I'll never forget when rio Ferdinand stuck up for ashley saying he spent 40 million in the championship, forgetting that we sold wijnaldum sissoko for 55. The only thing i felt towards man city was jealously sounds bad but all I wanted was for us to be able to compete and challenge for trophies, and all I've seen is relegations and aguero scoring me loads of points in fantasy football against us:).

It does stink that the prem league seem to have scuppered your takeover mate, I wonder if several of the cartel have had a word hello Arsenal, utd about it, threatening their divine right to a champs league spot every season. So many hateful bastards in football now pal.

Had to be proud of a club that's fine with finishing 17th so Ashley can take all the sky money as well as advertise sports direct around the stadium for free. I'll never forget when rio Ferdinand stuck up for ashley saying he spent 40 million in the championship, forgetting that we sold wijnaldum sissoko for 55. The only thing i felt towards man city was jealously sounds bad but all I wanted was for us to be able to compete and challenge for trophies, and all I've seen is relegations and aguero scoring me loads of points in fantasy football against us:).
It's your club and you should be proud now matter what.
As my fellow poster said Newcastle are one of the most attractive clubs for a takeover as it would be comparatively cheap to buy and has huge potential.
Things can change very quickly and nothing is forever.
Back in the 90s all I could see was the Rags winning everything and us struggling and I never thought this would ever change but they do.
Newcastle were also major players at that time too remember.
The problem now is the hostility to any investor unless its another US asset stripper as the usual suspects realise it's a threat to the cash cow they need to service their huge debts and maintain the status quo.
I'm glad you've seen this and I think more eyes are being opened to the vested interests at work.
The other problem to new owners is FFP which actually suits City as it's effectively a glass ceiling to outside investment and despite the guff spouted in the press City have are self sufficient and have made a profit for the last few seasons.
If a new owner wanted to legally challenge FFP, I'm no lawyer but I suspect it is illegal and they may have to do this to really invest.
The PL has such lucrative TV rights because it is more competitive than the likes of Serie A, La Liga and the Bundesliga which are effectively closed shops.
This is due to clubs like City and prior to us Chelsea shaking things up and more teams in the mix will make it more attractive and more lucrative to all of the clubs.
Ironically the usual suspects don't like competition.

I`ve always got on with Geordies when I`ve met them. I met Ralph Coates sister and Brother in law in Lloret de Mar when I was younger had a great time having a booze and a laugh with them.

I wish Newcastle fans well, your owner is a **** and you deserve better. Unfortunately the old top 4 plus the likes of those under performing ****s Spurs will do anything to stop you from spending which puts off owner who want to invest and is a green light to owners who want to milk your fan base.

I`m glad that big thick tattooed twat is at last seeing the light.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.