Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't forget the ICFC; it wasn't a major trophy as it wasn't recognised by UEFA.
From Wiki "The competition was initially only open to teams from cities that hosted trade fairs and where these teams finished in their national league had no relevance. Early competitions also featured a one city, one team rule. After 1964, it was sometimes referred to as the Runners-up Cup, with teams now qualifying based on league position."
So it was more recognisably based on ability when Newcastle won it but still wasn't official.
I agree 100% with your comments.
But Newcastle are so bereft of ANY trophies for over 50 years that they are desperate for the ICFC to be recognized as a major meaningful trophy.

My main gripe about the deluded barcodes is that they had the chance to win the league in 1996 (I think) but imploded and let the rags win it.

things went bit quiet considering transfer window opening about 3 weeks.

are they really gonna have a window of spending 100-200m for fun or are the Saudis content with current performances which are about to be enough to be relegated or maybe 17th.

Free rein to have Saudi sponsorships, subject to 'fair value'

I await United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea's sponsorships being assessed to the same degree, with the same logic and reasoning applied about Owners country and fellow country sponsorships..

Free rein to have Saudi sponsorships, subject to 'fair value'

I await United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea's sponsorships being assessed to the same degree, with the same logic and reasoning applied about Owners country and fellow country sponsorships..

Wonder if Newcastle threatened the PL with legal action ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.