Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a long term browser on here, I was aware of most of that but it doesn't change my point, City as a club and you as fans will eventually suffer here. Your club is now fully self sustainable but you need success to maintain current levels. You get Pep's replacement wrong and it won't take much for you to be where Spurs are now.

Have you considered for one second that a lot of us consider increased competition a good thing, which is why the cabal of redshirts winning everything every year, with the occasional surpise thrown in was so ultimately shit? You wally.

This is not going to be an easy job for whoever takes over. All the media narrative is that they have all the money in the world and the expectations is a meteoric rise but in reality they are working under the same constraints as most clubs and have a poor squad, January is a tough time to buy players. They have no wins 3 draws and 5 losses. Odds are they go down.

Suffer, really? You are coming on a City forum and talking to City fans about suffering. You either are of a certain age, live another part of the country or world or have never spoken to a City fan before. We'll still be here through the bad times and the worse, the good times and the great and the bad times again!!! Because we have already gone through our trough, some even our last peak before this latest peak.
In regards to your comment about needing success to maintain current levels. Please expand, what do you mean by this? We have an academy which is about to explode like you have never seen! We have money that even FFP is scared of during round it to 2 years of pandemic! We have one of the youngest squads being assembled. We have a core of British players and a style which has changed to course of British football let alone Man Citys! I haven't even gone into the higher level structure which City have, now I'm talking ownership level. We are one of the best run clubs in world football, something which you will never hear any main stream media come out and say but in a quiet room with high profile people, if you were a fly on a wall...
You are comparing us to a club that built a stadium well over budget and only appears to be there as a centre for all things entertainment and spurs are part of that entertainment. A club that sacked a manager pretty much on the eve of a final because if they did win that match how could they possibly get rid of him. So silverware isn't a priority. A club with no identity or vision for the future, no academy prospects that are coming through into the first team (unless I am mistaken) no football philosophy which has been implement into the roots and foundations like here which is what Pep has achieved.
So I'll politely disagree and say you're full of shit, and that's not arrogance, you just don't have any substance to your claim.
Chris a few have mentioned the ups and down of following any club, I get that, it's part of football but actively encouraging something that will increase the likelihood of more downs is weird in my opinion.

On your second point about needing success I'm talking about the club needing current levels of income to sustain itself. Its not rocket science, look at Arsenal since they swapped CL money for Thursday money. In the scenario I'm talking about we have 5 really strong clubs, Newcastle, City, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, 5 into 4 doesn't go. One well run, successful club will miss out if they make even a couple of mistakes, Utd are a more recent example of quickly it can go wrong. Mistakes at that level are much harder to rectify, they are a lot more expensive than Bony and Jo, mistakes like Ozil, Sanchez and Ronaldo can cripple a club. Post Pep that could easily be you given history also tells us that legendary managers are very rarely adequately replaced.

Have you considered for one second that a lot of us consider increased competition a good thing, which is why the cabal of redshirts winning everything every year, with the occasional surpise thrown in was so ultimately shit? You wally.
That's the bit I find weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.