Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trippier looks a decent purchase for them.
I’ll be interested how many of their signings are from foreign clubs. I did read of rumours some English clubs may spit their dummies out and refuse to deal with them… would be a bit daft imho.

They won’t. Look at Arsenal and Wenger. Constantly moaned about city but quickly took our cash many times. They’ll pay over the odds for the foreseeable but comes with the territory

No. Permanent transfer. Out of contract in the summer i think so £30 mil sounds high to me, considering he’s 31 also. However stranger things have happened….
They're at the equivalent stage to us paying well over the odds signing Gaz Baz, Lescott, Kolo, etc.

They have to go from A to B, before they can even start looking at going to C, D and E. That won't be cheap and won't be easy.

They're at the equivalent stage to us paying well over the odds signing Gaz Baz, Lescott, Kolo, etc.

They have to go from A to B, before they can even start looking at going to C, D and E. That won't be cheap and won't be easy.

Not there yet - they came a year after the takeover. They're at the January window which saw bridge, de Jong, given, and Bellamy.

Those are the sort of players they need to be going for. De Jong and Bellamy were great, and given was to an extent in that it gave Hart time to mature out on loan at Birmingham.

They need a new defence to have a chance of staying up. They're looking like they can get a few goals but the defence is the key to their survival because they're never going to score bagsful of goals.
They should get Trippier in - as rumoured - as he's very versatile. Maybe they could make Wolves a big offer for Coady, and get Tarkowski from Burnley - they'd have a serious chance of staying up if they put them in and keep them fit. Absolutely crucial for their project - and for the fans of course - that they stay up this season. Not sure about their keeper but he has been decent in the past.

Can you read my post carefully?

I didn't say competition means we will lose a title to these team, competition is good because it breeds a strong desire to never lose a sight as champion and become complacent.

A strong competition will leads us to never lose sight on what we have currently have right now because the fear of the next challenger will beat us to the title.
I hope Newcastle become a force quickly and get into the top 4

I know it will take some years but they are a threat more to the Yank owned clubs and the sooner another of those is squeezed out of the top 4 the better

thought they will have some transfer lined up early on in the window but they are taking some time maybe.

I do think they will finish either 17th or 18th if they do not get in some decent players.

Cannot see Leeds or Everton to go down while two of the promoted clubs Palace and Brentford are pretty decent so far.

It leaves Watford, Burnley, Newcaste and there isnt much between them really, and Norwich who scored total of 8 goals so far and they are just poor. We almost scored as much against Leeds as Norwich in 20 games lol.

thought they will have some transfer lined up early on in the window but they are taking some time maybe.

I do think they will finish either 17th or 18th if they do not get in some decent players.

Cannot see Leeds or Everton to go down while two of the promoted clubs Palace and Brentford are pretty decent so far.

It leaves Watford, Burnley, Newcaste and there isnt much between them really, and Norwich who scored total of 8 goals so far and they are just poor. We almost scored as much against Leeds as Norwich in 20 games lol.

Considering they could have been working on transfers in November and December, you'd have expected them to have transfers through the door by now. Everton have already completed 2.

Their biggest game of the season is in 11 days versus Watford.

Similar to the manager decision, they've not very quick when it comes to decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.