Newcastle Utd (H) Post Match Thread

Nobody gives a fuck about Madrid it's gone. The idiotic Geordie lot were singing "Champions League you fucked it up" I laughed and sang, 'Champions league we don't give a fuck." and I dont
Thinking about this today at the match.

UEFA have the final they wanted amongst all this Super League talk which they are shitting themselves about!

2 of the most successful European Cup winners meet in the Final!

Makes you think.

PointsTeam (games played)
86Man City (35)
83Liverpool (35)
67Chelsea (35)
66Arsenal (35)
62Tottenham (35)
58Man Utd (37)
55West Ham (36)
50Wolves (35)
47Brighton (36)
44Crystal Palace (35)
43Aston Villa FC (34)
Brentford FC (36)
Newcastle (36)
42Leicester (34)
40Southampton (36)
35Everton (34)
34Burnley (35)
Leeds United FC (35)
22Watford (35)
21Norwich City FC (35)
I exercised my scrolling thumb to find the rags.
Going to have a rest now.

Today was just what we needed after Real. We looked well up for it from the start and it was just a case of waiting for the first goal to go in and then a case of "how many will we get today". Newcastle have been in decent form after Christmas and this was a good result.

KdB was unplayable today and there was one run where he had 3 or 4 of them around him, one of them trying to foul him and he just pulls this magnificent ball wide to his left. Absolutely superb stuff. My POTS, Rodri, got another goal and again just controlled the midfield with his passing. Sterling had some great runs and the two finishes were top class. Grealish worked hard as well and the interplay between him and Foden for Sterling's second was just sublime.

We've gone 3 points clear and have a nice GD buffer now which will put pressure on Liverpool. I have a feeling they are going to drop some more points and, despite what some on here think, I think Gerrard will want to show the bosses at Liverpool that he's capable of taking over Klopp. I'm sure Coutinho will want to show them what they are missing as well. Make no mistake, Gerrard is an ambitious manager and so far his CV looks very good and he will absolutely fancy Klopp's job. How will it look if Villa just roll over? It will look bad. He needs to make sure that they raise their game if he fancies a crack at his 'dream managerial job'. I honestly think Villa might surprise us.

Anyway, it's a great result and show's the attitude in the team and from Pep hasn't been knocked by Real. It's a setback, but I'm sure we will win it next year and then we can fuck it off and concentrate again on the most difficult trophy in the world - the PL title.

COME ON CITY!!!

Surely there's a difference between interrupting the match for HT break and the final whistle, finally ending the match.
It’s the same principle. I get what you are arguing, but if a handball isn’t spotted 5 seconds before the final whistle is blown, surely it needs to be punished?

If it wasn’t, it basically makes VAR irrelevant in the last minute.

From the snippets doing the rounds it sounds like Pep had an absolute blinder in the post-match presser. Making jokes about Foden playing at centre back, needling the Liverpool media love in, and being very kind towards the fans he, at Barcelona and Munich, might have responded as well as we did today. He also celebrated the goals more than I've seen for ages, was really up for it. He really does love the everything about the club, and I think he totally gets the humour and loyalty.

What a response that was - a team full of champions. Great display, KDB was immense ably assisted by Gundog and Rodri. The energy levels on Cancelo are unbelievable. Top of the league 3 games left, most goals scored, fewest goals conceded.

Sterner tests are to come but it’s so satisfying that we managed to kick the scousers when they’re down.

As a Toon fan I " probably " speak for a lot of Toon fans. All we want is to get to a position where can play you and be competitive. Our games are uncompetitive and we have no chance of winning. IF we can buy quality - four or five quality players - over the next couple of transfer windows then maybe we can give you a game. Not going to mention your spending power because it's been done to death and frankly boring none the less, at least our owners can enable us to compete. Your football is fantastic to watch, and for many of us watching it's not jealousy, I for one think your great to watch, but even for you guys there is only 5 or 6 teams who can give you a game, we hope to be one of them
You mean not gonna mention your spending power because we are now hoping to do the same thing so it’s ok… but 12 months ago it was obscene? Harsh but true

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.