Newport (a) pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muric, Danilo, Sandler, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Delph, Foden, Gundogan, Mahrez, Jesus, Sane
Bench: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Silva, Bernardo, Poveda, Aguero

Pep will respect Newport like he does every team he faces. Think he will have a mix of kids and first teamers similar to Burton away but stronger.

Muric, Danilo, General, Garcia, Zinchenko, KDB, Delph, Foden, Sane, Jesus, Mahrez

Hi Marvin,
As I said, it's an excuse when teams are beaten at our place.
Notice he did not comment on any of his teams tackling, but when do you ever hear a Manager criticize his own.
Truth of the game, we never let them settle & that is what we do best at our ground.
So maybe..........Sour grapes
City wont have a problem, think you'll do a job on us, Pep is a genius, why, because he never under estimates the oppersition
Thanks for the reply. Well we got beat at Wigan last season so I am wary.

I find your club's Youtube channel which has got highlights of your last game. Pitch looks like it's really cut up down the middle but OK out wide and overall maybe not as bad as I have heard.

I'd go:
Muric
Danilo Otamendi Kompany (if fit, if not Garcia) Zinchenko
Gundogan Delph Foden
Mahrez Jesus Poveda

Keeps our most important (IMO) players out of the starting 11, could replace Poveda with any of the youngsters

Muric
Danilo Garcia Otamendi Zinchenko
Gundogan
Foden Silva
Mahrez Jesus Sane​

We need some aggression and experience of playing on shite pitches -

Muric

Danilo Stones Otamendi Zinchenko

Delph Gomes

Mahrez Foden Sane

Jesus

Just want to add that fuck me are we lucky going through the squad then was a dream.

Personally mate, it is not as bad as they make out, it's an excuse when teams are beaten at our place.
There are plenty of patches but the ball does roll, I'm sure your players will have no problem adapting to the playing surface.
Bet Colin Bell & and all the great players you've had over the years will be saying..........just get on with it, it is what it is.

Watched your game against Boro and the pitch looked a lot worse than it played.
Btw an excellent display by yourselves and fully deserve your place in this round.
I would wish you good luck, but I'd be lying ;-)
Good luck in all your games elsewhere, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.