Newport (a) pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Risky putting a whole bunch of kids out, with so many big teams out already and either united or Chelsea going out this round we should go all out to win this and I reckon that’s what Pep will do.
I wouldn’t risk Fernandinho, Sergio or Kev (was going to add Sterling but he seems fairly indestructible) but apart from those 3 I’m expecting a very strong lineup.
Obviously we’ll see our fringe first teamers, Mahrez, Delph and Foden spring to mind but I’d be surprised to see more than 2 or 3 kids play.

Edit: just read the previous post, I should have just agreed with Blue Kiwi

I would look at the players and see whose able to play a 2nd division side on a muddy small pitch. I’d pick Ederson (yes, this is the FA-cup), Walker, Delph, Otamendi, Silva, Bernardo, and Jesus for starters. The other 4 I let Pep decide.

It’ll be a great day for Newport and their fans. And we get to play in a different stadium for a change and experience what the FA-cup is like. Newport fully deserve to be where they are right now. They didn’t look that much a physical side when I saw them play Middlesbrough. Sometimes it’s more clumsyness when they try and get the ball. I didn’t see who the Championship side was on the night so I expect a tight game.

Anyone expecting the kids to start I think will be disappointed. Pep has shown previously that he takes nobody lightly.
He will pay Newport the respect they've earned getting this far in the competition. I expect nearly a full line up minus 3 or 4 of Ferna, Sergio and Sterling and Laporte.

We really have a huge chance to win this as well! With the amount of top teams already out and the rags playing the chavs we can dream of getting to the final again hopefully

The Newport players will struggle to sleep the night before...

They will start like a steam train with all their nervous energy.

We need to keep the ball and give them the run around - come second half they will be blowing through their arses...

When is Vinnie back? If fit play him in this.

Delph, Mahrez, and Foden to also get a run.

Whateveř team pep chooses, the doom merchants will be out singing, especially ìf Delph , Walker, zinchenko, or Gundoghan is chosen., and those wanting half a dozen non existent kids to start.
I watched the Youth team recently and only Garcia looked anywhere near.

Any blues travelling down the A483, stop off in Builth Wells and call in the Barley Mow and I will sort you out with some grub. Pm me to say you are calling and I will sort some food out. Curry/ stew etc free to blues. We are about 1 1/2 hr from Newport.
Are there any vegan options?

Only kidding, that’s a very generous offer to those travelling down. :-)

If any vegans. , veggies or Vulcans want food we can sort it. But if anyone wants a bit of free grub then please pm first. You can stop off before or after have a bevy or two. No pm no food. Hope any blues can pop in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.