Newport (a) pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally mate, it is not as bad as they make out, it's an excuse when teams are beaten at our place.
There are plenty of patches but the ball does roll, I'm sure your players will have no problem adapting to the playing surface.
Bet Colin Bell & and all the great players you've had over the years will be saying..........just get on with it, it is what it is.
Couldn’t agree more regarding the King mate, my all time favourite City player, played on farmers fields back then and still played some great stuff ... I wish you and your team all the best mate, Wigan have done us a few times so you never know, that’s the beauty of this great competition..

Personally mate, it is not as bad as they make out, it's an excuse when teams are beaten at our place.
There are plenty of patches but the ball does roll, I'm sure your players will have no problem adapting to the playing surface.
Bet Colin Bell & and all the great players you've had over the years will be saying..........just get on with it, it is what it is.

What should we make of this? Sour grapes? His take on the pitch was pretty bad and also wan;t happy about tackling.

I wanted to find out about the state of your pitch and this manager's assessment wasn't good. I'm hoping City will be able to dominate the ball and minimise the number of 50-50s.

David Flitcroft is the younger brother of City's own Garry Flitcroft.

.................Muric.................
Danilo..Sandler..Otamendi..Zinch
......Foden...Garcia...Merlin......
....Mahrez....Jesus.......Sane....

Delph and Poveda to get minutes of the bench. Would love to see Garcia at DM, or Sandler there and Garcia CB

This

What should we make of this? Sour grapes? His take on the pitch was pretty bad and also wan;t happy about tackling.

I wanted to find out about the state of your pitch and this manager's assessment wasn't good. I'm hoping City will be able to dominate the ball and minimise the number of 50-50s.

David Flitcroft is the younger brother of City's own Garry Flitcroft.

Hi Marvin,
As I said, it's an excuse when teams are beaten at our place.
Notice he did not comment on any of his teams tackling, but when do you ever hear a Manager criticize his own.
Truth of the game, we never let them settle & that is what we do best at our ground.
So maybe..........Sour grapes
City wont have a problem, think you'll do a job on us, Pep is a genius, why, because he never under estimates the oppersition

Not sure why folk are suggesting such a young inexperienced team for this one. Peps rotation has been superb so there’s ample opportunity to play a strong team and get the job done and bring some young uns in later
Eddy
Danilo otta stones zinch
Delph
Foden merlin
Mahrez Jesus sane

I agree with wattle. Pep should play as strong a team as possible bring on the youngsters when were a couple of goals up. Let's get the game won first, then worry about what they will do. Need to keep on winning to build momentum for the final run in. £-0 to city will do nicely

We can let some players of in the second half if we're winning but have to start with a relatively stronger line up

Muric
Danilo
Otem
Stones/laporte
Zinchenko
Gundogan
D Silva
Foden
Mahrez
Sane
Jesus

Feck taking chances with the weak line up, we have a good chance at FA Cup this season, let's make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.