Next 10 Seasons - Can we dominate?

B B

BLUEMATT23

I was thinking back the other day to our title wins in 2012 and 2014.
Whilst these were obviously golden moments in our history, it was a tad disappointing that the following season we couldn't follow it up and do it again the season after. Their was a sense in essence that we hit the summit and perhaps mentally exhausted from the title winning seasons we flattered to deceive in the seasons thereafter.
I know their were other reasons for this, lack of quality recruitment perhaps the following seasons from Mancini and Pellegrini maybe hindered and stifled the potential to build a legacy not to mention the fallouts from the Bobby era.

Looking ahead and barring a slip up of along the lines of Devon Loch in 1956 we will wrap up the title - and then some. The question I have is now 10 years after the takeover will this be the era that we can finally can dominate and build and secure back to back titles, or maybe even more in the years ahead?
This has not been done by any team in nearly 10 years and since 2010 it has changed hands each and every season. This obviously shows the difficulties of teams following up their title wins the seasons after and with Spurs & Liverpool also now perhaps being in contention title in the years ahead retention may be harder than ever. The question is can Pep crack this long term for us?

We might be able to retain a title but we will never see a dominance like Liverpool in 80’s and United in the 90’s/ 00’s.

Too much money at the top end in the Premier League nowadays and enough money available for each team in the top 4 to build a good team.

Not a chance.
There is too much money in the Premier League.
We'll be very comparative but we won't dominate. Klopp is slowly getting it together and Conte is an excellent manager.

Last edited:
Over the next 10 I can see us and Chelsea getting 4 each and United getting one or 2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.