Next James Bond?

Bond actors dont really want to leave the part. Where do they go from Bond?
Name one decent film that Connery , Lazenby , Moore , Dalton , Brosnan have been in since. Its a career killing role.

jimharri said:
Saw Skyfall last night, and I don't see any reason to get rid of Daniel Craig. He's up there with Connery as the top Bonds.

The issue is not about ridding Craig from the position.

This is about talks on the (get this) POSSIBILITY of Elba playing the role in the future!!

When you think about how this thread has spun out, well, it's life Jim, but not as we know it...

Andy Dale said:
Name one decent film that Connery , Lazenby , Moore , Dalton , Brosnan have been in since. Its a career killing role.

Indiana Jones and the last crusade!

Bigga said:
jimharri said:
Saw Skyfall last night, and I don't see any reason to get rid of Daniel Craig. He's up there with Connery as the top Bonds.

The issue is not about ridding Craig from the position.

This is about talks on the (get this) POSSIBILITY of Elba playing the role in the future!!

When you think about how this thread has spun out, well, it's life Jim, but not as we know it...
But if Elba is to play Bond in the future, then surely Craig will either have to get the push (unlikely, going on his performances so far barring QOS which was a pretty poor film anyway) or him walking away from the role, which I suppose is possible.

Unknown_Genius said:
Andy Dale said:

Indiana Jones and the last crusade!

Was Connery the lead actor? I think not.

SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
I couldn't give a bugger what colour Bond is to be honest.
Anyway, Daniel Craig is doing pretty fine in the part at the moment and has reinvigorated the whole brand, for me at any rate.
Agreed. I thought Bond was dead after Borne but Craig has saved it.

Loved him in 'our friends....' 20 years back. He was virtually unknown then but as soon as he was mentioned as the next Bond I knew he'd be good.

Andy Dale said:

Wasn't Connery in The Untouchables and a gritty little film called The Hill or something?
He was good in both.

mackenzie said:
SWP's back said:
mackenzie said:
I couldn't give a bugger what colour Bond is to be honest.
Anyway, Daniel Craig is doing pretty fine in the part at the moment and has reinvigorated the whole brand, for me at any rate.
Agreed. I thought Bond was dead after Borne but Craig has saved it.

Loved him in 'our friends....' 20 years back. He was virtually unknown then but as soon as he was mentioned as the next Bond I knew he'd be good.
He's definitely got something about him.

mackenzie said:
Andy Dale said:

Wasn't Connery in The Untouchables and a gritty little film called The Hill or something?
He was good in both.
The Hill was one of his first films , before he was Bond . The lead in The Untouchables was Kevin Costner. Connery got a honorary Oscar for it , Not a real Oscar.

On the one hand I can't see a problem with it.

Bond is a one dimensional character, the colour of his skin hardly matters so long as he looks like a bellend in a suit and has shit one liners.

On the other hand a black Bond would reek of tokenism and would probably go tits up. He'd either be accused of being black but acting white or being too black. Whatever the case some boring **** obsessed with race (99% of the world apparently) would find something to pick at.

However, if Bond were to be black then Idris Elba would be perfect, he's charismatic, good looking and English. Personally, I don't like Bond so I'd find it amusing if Amerikkka's Most Wanted/Disney Actor Ice Cube stepped up and rebooted bond like a motherfucker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.