Next Labour Leader - Miliband Resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be even better if he could engage some of the 35% of the population who failed to vote at all.

A lot of these people hold the view that there's no difference between politicians and to be honest i think they've been right. The Labour party have just been Tory light since 1997

Thing is, if the voter turnout got back to 75% then for Corbyn to win he'd have to keep every current Labour vote and then win half of all of the new people, then win an additional number of voters to match the split in the other half he didn't win that would vote Tory.

The only way Labour can win an election is to take votes from either the SNP or Tories. Not sure which one Corbyn would dip into but you'd imagine it would be more SNP than Tory

Thing is, if the voter turnout got back to 75% then for Corbyn to win he'd have to keep every current Labour vote and then win half of all of the new people, then win an additional number of voters to match the split in the other half he didn't win that would vote Tory.

The only way Labour can win an election is to take votes from either the SNP or Tories. Not sure which one Corbyn would dip into but you'd imagine it would be more SNP than Tory
The SNP without a doubt. Much of the Huge SNP vote was an anti austerity vote. To be honest if we'd have been allowed to vote SNP in the North West many of us would have done.

The SNP without a doubt. Much of the Huge SNP vote was an anti austerity vote. To be honest if we'd have been allowed to vote SNP in the North West many of us would have done.

I said all along that Labour completely shot themselves in the foot by ruling out a coalition with the SNP and it would have made perfect sense to align themselves

I think all of this cannot be predicted yet, the china markets, refugee crisis, Russia, Middle East, EU Referendem, Conservaties own leadership election etc could see a vastly different situation we are in at present and what the country will be like then

I said all along that Labour completely shot themselves in the foot by ruling out a coalition with the SNP and it would have made perfect sense to align themselves

I agree with you, though if the Labour party had stood as a party of anti austerity and not Tory light they might not have lost Scotland in the first place.

It would be even better if he could engage some of the 35% of the population who failed to vote at all.

A lot of these people hold the view that there's no difference between politicians and to be honest i think they've been right. The Labour party have just been Tory light since 1997

I doubt that many of the 35% dont vote because "there's no difference". Most will just not be interested in politics and have never been interested in politics. The 2nd biggest category will be those who are moderately interested in politics but live in a safe seat so are not sufficiently motivated to go out and vote. And quite a few of those that dont vote because "there's no difference" are less concerned about political idealogy, more about the country being governed by predominately middle aged white men.

I doubt that many of the 35% dont vote because "there's no difference". Most will just not be interested in politics and have never been interested in politics. The 2nd biggest category will be those who are moderately interested in politics but live in a safe seat so are not sufficiently motivated to go out and vote. And quite a few of those that dont vote because "there's no difference" are less concerned about political idealogy, more about the country being governed by predominately middle aged white men.

I hear what you're saying but there is also plenty of evidence to suggest that the young and disaffected are being turned on by Corbyn.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/07/whos-backing-jeremy-corbyn-young

They said that about African Americans, if you make politics relevant to people's lives and you have an organised registration drive they will engage.

I keep reading how middle aged white men are the poor victims of society are they really still in charge? I have been reading for years on here how feminists, immigrants etc have seized the country and made a misery of poor middle aged white men.

From afar I don't think labour will win out of this election, the heart may see the appeal of corbyn but the head had seen the most centrist candidate in the UK win just about every election in 4 decades. Even Thatcher was nearer the middle than Foot. Blair never appealed to the hearts of the left but he won because he appealed to the heads of the centre only when the Tories decided to win back the centre did they win again.

So do labour voters be true to themselves vote for the candidate of their hearts and vote for electoral oblivion? I don't see any of the other candidates giving them too much inspiration or a reason to vote with their heads though so they probably will.

I keep reading how middle aged white men are the poor victims of society are they really still in charge? I have been reading for years on here how feminists, immigrants etc have seized the country and made a misery of poor middle aged white men.

You're like a randomly generated cliche, stop pigeon-holing posters and people it isn't clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.