Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when Pep does leave, my personal opinion is that we need a refresh - and that includes some of the board members.

I’d like us to take a new strategy that involves utilising the abundance of local academy talent that we have right in front of us, in conjunction with the pre-established world class stars we already have in our ranks.

I’d genuinely take a couple of seasons of ‘underperformance’ if it means seeing the likes of Foden, Palmer, McAtee, Harwood-Bellis etc firmly integrated into the team.

Things have gone a bit stale in my view and I find myself getting more disassociated with the club season on season. I’ll obviously always be supporting City come rain or shine, but seeing local lads line up for City week in week will inject so much identity back into the club in my opinion. Seeing Foden develop into this world class star has been one of the biggest positives for me in the past couple of seasons, not spanking dross in the league cup.

I’m personally finding the pursuit of having 20 £50-100m players in the squad quite tedious and also, completely unnecessary at times.

I’m not saying we should stop making big signings, merely saying that we need to find a balance, rather than always chucking more money at the problem, and look at our own in addition to chasing world class talent.

When Pep does leave (and that’s something in no way am I advocating for, but it feels inevitable), I’d like to see Tkixi go with him and Soriano shift into a wider CFG role, with someone stepping in to solely look after City in a CEO capacity. I don’t want our CEO more bothered about opening the 20th club associated with our owner in the arse end of nowhere, I want them completely focused on City.

Change and fresh ideas are healthy and I feel Pep leaving would be the right time for a re-think in strategy. And I feel that time is quite imminent.

And this is why you’ll never be in charge of running an elite football club.

I think when Pep does leave, my personal opinion is that we need a refresh - and that includes some of the board members.

I’d like us to take a new strategy that involves utilising the abundance of local academy talent that we have right in front of us, in conjunction with the pre-established world class stars we already have in our ranks.

I’d genuinely take a couple of seasons of ‘underperformance’ if it means seeing the likes of Foden, Palmer, McAtee, Harwood-Bellis etc firmly integrated into the team.

Things have gone a bit stale in my view and I find myself getting more disassociated with the club season on season. I’ll obviously always be supporting City come rain or shine, but seeing local lads line up for City week in week will inject so much identity back into the club in my opinion. Seeing Foden develop into this world class star has been one of the biggest positives for me in the past couple of seasons, not spanking dross in the league cup.

I’m personally finding the pursuit of having 20 £50-100m players in the squad quite tedious and also, completely unnecessary at times.

I’m not saying we should stop making big signings, merely saying that we need to find a balance, rather than always chucking more money at the problem, and look at our own in addition to chasing world class talent.

When Pep does leave (and that’s something in no way am I advocating for, but it feels inevitable), I’d like to see Tkixi go with him and Soriano shift into a wider CFG role, with someone stepping in to solely look after City in a CEO capacity. I don’t want our CEO more bothered about opening the 20th club associated with our owner in the arse end of nowhere, I want them completely focused on City.

Change and fresh ideas are healthy and I feel Pep leaving would be the right time for a re-think in strategy. And I feel that time is quite imminent.
Someone (I think it was preswitch blue) said a few weeks back that soriano is already focusing more on CFG and omar is running things at city

And this is why you’ll never be in charge of running an elite football club.

Obviously. It’s what I want to happen as a fan, not what will. See “in my opinion”.

But this is a forum to put forward opinions and engage in conversation/debate. Comments like yours offer zero substance or value to that.

I in no way want Pep to leave, i hope he stays a long time.
It does bug me though when people post about how luck we are to have him, he's bloody lucky to have us too.
At no other club would he be backed to the extent he is here, everything is set up for Pep, even the few years before he came here, was all set up with Pep in mind.
He has complete control over all football matters & the complete trust of the powers that be at the club. He knows he's got it good at City & won't ever have this again at any other club.
He wants/needs us as much as we want/need him imo
Yeah I hate the attitude of we’re plucky little under dogs lucky to have pep .
We’re one of the most powerful clubs in European football.
We’ve won titles before pep and we’ll continue to win titles after he leaves.
He’s been backed like no manager has maybe been backed before . In five years he’s basically bought a whole new expensive squad of players.
He’s paid handsomely, has some of the best facilities in the world to work in and a board and fan base that support him ( despite some of his howlers in Europe)
Any manager would want to join our club .
the relationship is mutual we are lucky to have each other .

What part of my comment suggests we should be ‘throwing everything away’? Having a season or two of feet finding under a slightly altered direction isn’t the same as saying I want us to go down the Liverpool route of never spending money again.

My view is that we stop buying fringe players for obscene amounts of money and instead nurture and provide opportunities to academy players instead to integrate alongside a world class 11.

Instead wasting money on Ake’s for £40m or Mendy’s for £50m, put some faith into our own.

This isn’t at all reactive to the result today. Pep is going to leave in the short term regardless and at that time the direction of the club *is* going to change.

My viewpoint has been the same for a while now (probably the last two seasons). This isn’t a ‘I want Pep out opinion’, this is merely what I want to see in terms of future direction of the club when we don’t have Pep at the helm.

We will still be successful, we will still have world class players, we will still play attractive football, but it will be all the more sweeter if we have players amongst the squad that grew up dreaming of playing for City, coupled with a board that can actually identify with the fans and put the club first, rather than wider CFG interests.
Easier said than done going your route. Our formula has worked over the years, so I don’t see much reason for change.

Fuck the glory … you need real people who get us … our tight knit 40 k people who between us will turn up in wind rain no ticket office no bus no trains shit beer and waggon wheels westler hot dogs pissing in back alleys any dare have a shit all day chased to every Fukin station in England except Burnley lol and Blackpool in pre season friendlies but then kicked the shit out of rags on Warwick road in 1970 Chelsea -1971 home and away been battered at Forest on a Sunday been to York Lincoln Wigan Bury Stockport lost against them all. And then be told buy a Fukin posh phone down load this down load that and then be told your shite ffs. Well off I went to town today as I’ve done for the last 55 years for the last 45 years got pissed as a twat gone and watched the greatest phenomenon known pre Sir Joe and definitely post Pep and in all them years no one has ever questioned our support… so step aside…. I plan to be about getting pissed in town for a few more years yet long after you’ve fucked off and can’t wait for Tuesday night when the loyal 30k turn up especially now retired got no join wages but will be intown at dinner and having a mother of all rows come 12 at night …. CTID

Fuck the glory … you need real people who get us … our tight knit 40 k people who between us will turn up in wind rain no ticket office no bus no trains shit beer and waggon wheels westler hot dogs pissing in back alleys any dare have a shit all day chased to every Fukin station in England except Burnley lol and Blackpool in pre season friendlies but then kicked the shit out of rags on Warwick road in 1970 Chelsea -1971 home and away been battered at Forest on a Sunday been to York Lincoln Wigan Bury Stockport lost against them all. And then be told buy a Fukin posh phone down load this down load that and then be told your shite ffs. Well off I went to town today as I’ve done for the last 55 years for the last 45 years got pissed as a twat gone and watched the greatest phenomenon known pre Sir Joe and definitely post Pep and in all them years no one has ever questioned our support… so step aside…. I plan to be about getting pissed in town for a few more years yet long after you’ve fucked off and can’t wait for Tuesday night when the loyal 30k turn up especially now retired got no join wages but will be intown at dinner and having a mother of all rows come 12 at night …. CTID

A stream of consciousness masterpiece...

What part of my comment suggests we should be ‘throwing everything away’? Having a season or two of feet finding under a slightly altered direction isn’t the same as saying I want us to go down the Liverpool route of never spending money again.

My view is that we stop buying fringe players for obscene amounts of money and instead nurture and provide opportunities to academy players instead to integrate alongside a world class 11.

Instead wasting money on Ake’s for £40m or Mendy’s for £50m, put some faith into our own.

This isn’t at all reactive to the result today. Pep is going to leave in the short term regardless and at that time the direction of the club *is* going to change.

My viewpoint has been the same for a while now (probably the last two seasons). This isn’t a ‘I want Pep out opinion’, this is merely what I want to see in terms of future direction of the club when we don’t have Pep at the helm.

We will still be successful, we will still have world class players, we will still play attractive football, but it will be all the more sweeter if we have players amongst the squad that grew up dreaming of playing for City, coupled with a board that can actually identify with the fans and put the club first, rather than wider CFG interests.
Good post. Very well said.

Easier said than done going your route. Our formula has worked over the years, so I don’t see much reason for change.

Absolutely - we can stick with the tried and trusted forumla and we will continue to do well. It's probably what will end up happening.

But my personal view - and I know there have been plenty of similar opinions on here over the past season or two - is that a lot of fans are becoming more disenfranchised as time goes on, myself included, and that's going to carry on if we continue with the current forumla without making changes.

Winning trophies is great, but supporting City is much more than just success on the field and the people running the club need to remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.