Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scary thing is how young he is - 51.

People say he’ll want to manage internationally at some point and i can see that but even if he retires at 65 theres still plenty of time to get there.

This would be monumental.
As others have said, we have Foden already established and a rare handful of future stars ready to step up within another year or two. The class of 22 if you like..

You offer that to the man who already loves it here, along with an already established perfect working relationship with the club executives and if Pep wants to continue managing at club level then we are without doubt the best option out there.
Man alive, imagine if he extended again.
It’s like working for the council at City, job for life Pep, just sign you know it makes sense.

He will keep on signing extensions whilst there are dickheads out there who doubt him.
As there’s a never ending stream of dickheads who still continue to doubt him or try and belittle his achievements we will carry on benefitting from his desire to prove them wrong.
I’ll start to worry about him going when the praise starts...
Let the press keep doubting him. He loves proving them all wrong.

I think he'll stay if he feels the set-up at City is supportive of his vision at every level, and that players keep doing their best to improve their game. The trophies are highly welcome, obviously, but secondary to that. He kept winning trophies at Barca, but chose to leave. He could have stayed at Bayern and won the Bundesliga every year, along with the odd CL. I genuinely don't think it's about that for him. It's about having a vision of how to play football, and getting total back-up both on and off the pitch for that.
It's already testimony to how extremely well-run the club is that he's stayed longer here than anywhere else. Including the club that's closest to his heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.