Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
"messing about with Mr Waistcoat"?

Southgate got us to a World Cup semi final and a Euros final. I know we all wanted the trophy but fuck me he's done a better job than every England manager in the last 30 years put together.
The World Cup - 2 group wins against Panama (6-1) and Tunisia (2-1) and then 0-1 to Belgium. 1-1 against Columbia in the last 16 but through on pens. Beat Sweden 2-0 in Quarter-finals - our only win of note if one calls Sweden world beaters. Lost our next 2 matches to Croatia and Belgium. Played 7 - won 3, drew 1, lost 3.
The Euros - thrashed Croatia and Czech Republic 1-0 (we were at home) Held Scotland to 0-0. Beat Germany 2-0 at home (our only decent result in the above 10 ) Beat Ukraine 4-0 - pretty good and Denmark 2-1. After the perfect start in the final, we reverted to 'type' and the rest is History.
"he's done a better job than every England manager in the last 30 years put together." What? !! Given the luck he has had, he should have resigned after Italy and someone like Graham Potter show the nation how our quality group of players can really play - keeping the ball for starters and passing forward rather than sideways. Bye bye Right Angle Gareth.

For those deluded few that had listed Bodgers as a successor to the greatest Manager in history, this is how the genius deals with defeat:

As Leicester City's reign as FA Cup holders came to a tame end, humiliated 4-1 in the fourth round by second-tier local rivals Nottingham Forest, Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers was in no mood to hold back.

"Our players have to look at themselves in the mirror and prove they are good enough to be here," said Rodgers.

"A lot of players have to improve. It was an awful performance. I have to apologise to the fans. We needed physicality and authority and lacked it.

"There was a lack of hunger and you get destabilised when you make errors. That's the first time since I've been here that I was embarrassed."

In an attempt to inspire his players, Rodgers said he had brought the trophy into a team meeting earlier this week "so they could see what we went through last year and provide that motivation".

Rodgers, who has guided Leicester to successive fifth-placed finishes in the Premier League - although they are 10th this season - says complacency has crept in among his players and changes need to be made. And, he added, "time could be up" for some of his squad.

"Too many players think they are top players but are a long way off," said Rodgers. "Some players may have achieved everything they can here.

"I watch training every day and for some it's everything they could dream of, they've won the FA Cup - that might be it [for them], but it's not for me."

Quite.

If Rodgers ever has any hope of coming to City, he will have to do something special against Liverpool. Most likely not. At least, he has taken himself out of the running to be Guardiola's successor.

For those deluded few that had listed Bodgers as a successor to the greatest Manager in history, this is how the genius deals with defeat:

As Leicester City's reign as FA Cup holders came to a tame end, humiliated 4-1 in the fourth round by second-tier local rivals Nottingham Forest, Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers was in no mood to hold back.

"Our players have to look at themselves in the mirror and prove they are good enough to be here," said Rodgers.

"A lot of players have to improve. It was an awful performance. I have to apologise to the fans. We needed physicality and authority and lacked it.

"There was a lack of hunger and you get destabilised when you make errors. That's the first time since I've been here that I was embarrassed."

In an attempt to inspire his players, Rodgers said he had brought the trophy into a team meeting earlier this week "so they could see what we went through last year and provide that motivation".

Rodgers, who has guided Leicester to successive fifth-placed finishes in the Premier League - although they are 10th this season - says complacency has crept in among his players and changes need to be made. And, he added, "time could be up" for some of his squad.

"Too many players think they are top players but are a long way off," said Rodgers. "Some players may have achieved everything they can here.

"I watch training every day and for some it's everything they could dream of, they've won the FA Cup - that might be it [for them], but it's not for me."

Quite.
If he is appointed (which I very much doubt) we will sink without trace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.