Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you’re right pal; I for one certainly don’t want him to leave.
I’ve always thought he might leave if he wins the champions league. He will have basically finished the job. What keeps me hoping is that he’s not going to get another job as good as this one, with the finances, the infrastructure, his influence and his relationship with his bosses. But he’s bright and ambitious and a bit off-the-wall so you never know whether he might fancy a couple of years on easy street in international management so he can see more of his family and have a rest. It would feel like a travesty if he left without winning the Champions League though. We’ve been good enough for the last 3-4 years and for various reasons it hasn’t quite happened.

I’ve always thought he might leave if he wins the champions league. He will have basically finished the job. What keeps me hoping is that he’s not going to get another job as good as this one, with the finances, the infrastructure, his influence and his relationship with his bosses. But he’s bright and ambitious and a bit off-the-wall so you never know whether he might fancy a couple of years on easy street in international management so he can see more of his family and have a rest. It would feel like a travesty if he left without winning the Champions League though. We’ve been good enough for the last 3-4 years and for various reasons it hasn’t quite happened.
Yep, win the ECL this time, and he could go then (early), otherwise, something unexpected aside, I see him completing. I would guess personal circumstances would come into play even more so re a possible extension. I can definitely see an international job as a kind of ‘partial break’ after the intensity of the time with us.

I know he is. A flawed genius. We'll never have a better coach.
I'm not 'spoiled', just wise before the event. It's all downhill after he's gone. I just hope he doesn't do an Allison on us before he leaves.

No - wise AFTER the event. Pep probably knew KDB wasn’t ready for a full game v Southampton so gave him what he thought would not cause further damage, thinking he’d be ready for a full game last night. He can only do what’s best for the players. If he’d played 90 mins v Southampton we might be saying with hindsight that it was a stupid decision.

Great thing thus hindsight

Some amazing talent in that academy, I am sure he will want to be in charge when they are in the first team.

No - wise AFTER the event. Pep probably knew KDB wasn’t ready for a full game v Southampton so gave him what he thought would not cause further damage, thinking he’d be ready for a full game last night. He can only do what’s best for the players. If he’d played 90 mins v Southampton we might be saying with hindsight that it was a stupid decision.

Great thing thus hindsight
Ironically with hindsight you are now saying it was the right decision. Either way De bruyne not playing wasn't the problem. Tactics and slow build up with no end product was.
Now either we have a good squad or we don't, personally I think after the first 13 or so we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.