Next season, the strongest PL ever?

Probably but we're still getting 100 points.

Its not true to say that Premier League teams are 'nowhere'. More accurate to say that since 1992, 2 Spanish Clubs have dominated the CL with 12 wins to the PL's 4, Germany's 3 and Italy's 5. There is an argument that the old English first division was a better breeding ground for CL winners that the PL (8 wins). I think the competition between Barca and Madrid with the money at their disposal has placed those two clubs above everyone else and the PL is still in catch up with them. Whilst the PL is more competitive than the other leagues, I don't think that is a reason that there have not been more wins by English clubs - more likely the schedule of football in England with no winter break and two cup competitions. I think English clubs are closing the gap to the two Spanish teams and we may well see a different pattern over the next 10 years with City, hopefully, leading the way.

I would agree City are the only English team who could realistically challenge. For me you have to develop a more ruthless mentality. No way should the dippers have beaten you. The first half of the return leg should have seen you five ahead. Putting away great chances you create is a must if you are to win it.

I’m sure Pep will still be smarting over that and I would be confident you will be better prepared for the challenge next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.