Next season we need a 20th anniversary play off final away kit

HelloCity

Next year will mark the 20th anniversary of the 98/99 season, a season which ultimately led to the 1999 play off final at Wembley.

Without doubt one of the most iconic and memorable games in the history of the club.

Famous for a Paul Dickov equaliser in the 95th minute, many blues feel we wouldn't be where we are now without that goal.

It would be fantastic to see the players line up next year in an away kit based on that original Kappa design.

When you go to games and look around, you always see people with this shirt on, just as you do the late 60's/early 70's home and 1969 cup final away shirts. I understand the re-released version has been a top seller within the retro range as well.

Gillingham-playoff-final-1998-to-99-dickov-goal.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Great idea. All blues know how important that was

But we’ll open ourselves up to a lot of piss taking... celebrating a division 3 penalty shoot out win

Oh well, we’ve got thick skins. I’d buy it!!

It was a shit kit. Leave it where it belongs in the past, with all the other shit things the club did in the 90's. Personally got no desire to relive any of that period in the clubs history again.

It was a shit kit. Leave it where it belongs in the past, with all the other shit things the club did in the 90's. Personally got no desire to relive any of that period in the clubs history again.
You beat me to it crap kit hated it, great day through having queued up for best part of two days to get a ticket, what a shambles of a club we were then.

The vast majority of kits we have had for years are shit baring the Umbro era and this season's home and away.

Apart from this season's maroon, I'd rank it above all of the away efforts we've had from Nike.

And there's obviously a click to it with a lot of City fans due to loads wearing it to home and away games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.