Next Season

If we finish above United and in the automatic CL places again I'l count that as a successful season, even if we don't actually win anything next year (which people should not be taking as a given just because we have the FA Cup this year - It's no clubs divine right to have a trophy every single year).

That said even if we finish second behind United I'l call that a success. Especially if it leads Ferguson to retire. That would be belting.

I agree with DD. Even now, everything they do has an impact on interest payments on unsustainable debt with punitive repayment terms.

30m on Sneijder? Fill yer boots.

Didsbury Dave said:
blucat599 said:
To me, if we can finish consistently in the top 2/3 for another couple of seasons, we have reached a level where we truly are an elite club.
The danger of these sorts of conversations are that "if we don't win the league
next year it will constitute failure"
No it will not, we have to get that consistency, always in the top 2/3, regularly
competing in the Champions League.
If we don't make it through the group stages, we will be in it again the season after, this is my point, we are on a learning curve, on the up, but at the bottom of the curve.
We have to get out of the mentality of trying to beat Manchester United, we are not them, we are Manchester City, we have to compete on our own terms, not measure ourselves against United, that has been the downfall of our club, particularly when Swales was in charge, he was obsessed to the point of madness with trying to get one over on them, it killed him in the end.

Totally disagree. This club will not tolerate standing still, we are all about momentum. Have you lsitened to the chairman's interview? We are good enough for a title challenge now and that has to be the aim.

Whilst I agree that chasing Utd has been a real problem at the club in the past, now the goalposts have moved and that should be our aim. They are not better or richer than us. They are the champions and that is where we want to be. Our "mentality" should be that of winners now. Like them, if we don't win the league we should be gutted.

We are quite rightly hunting them down, no more Mr nice Guy.

Ferguson used Liverpool as his motivation when he joined them, and we should use them as ours now.

spot on dave spot on,
we can and will overtake them, its just a matter of time now
providing the owners stay put(no reason to think not)

tonea2003 said:
spot on dave spot on,

They are not going anywhere tone!

I reckon this thread is the first little indicator of next season's big Bluemoon disagreement.

"The title is the target" v "Consolidate in the top 4"

I know which drum I'll be banging...cant wait, fellas ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
tonea2003 said:
spot on dave spot on,

I reckon this thread is the first little indicator of next season's big Bluemoon disagreement.

the title is a realistic aim from now on, finishing in front of them should be the priority that will be sweet for two reasons, one the obvious, in front of them and two it will mean we will probably win it.

tonea2003 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
tonea2003 said:
spot on dave spot on,

the title is a realistic aim from now on, finishing in front of them should be the priority that will be sweet for two reasons, one the obvious, in front of them and two it will mean we will probably win it.
Yes it is, I never said it wasn't.
However, it should not be a case of if we don't win it next year Mancini should be sacked, we will be very close anyway.
That would put us exactly where Chelsea are now, nowhere, in no mans land.
no manager and future uncertain. I did not want to have to say that, but that is what this is coming to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.