Next Season

Yes I reckon city can do just that. However I think it will be a close call between city, united and chelsea for first place. We might aswell have a pop at winning the FA cup again aswell eh ;) (felt so good to say that).

What I do want to see is Kompany for captain next season, his natural leadership has been really impressive, especially within the last few months, I reckon he should have been captain over tevez anyway.

I wouldn't say we need to win all they did to 'knock them off their perch'. They have been a better team than liverpool for a while but only just overtook them on premier league titles, I think that if we do similar to them in the champs league and finish higher than them we are then currently the better team but not the more successful, that is how I perceive it anyway

One thing I would like to see us do next season is actually come from behind to win a game. We're sodding useless at it, and every good team can do it. We've ridden our luck a little this season, and whilst the table doesn't lie, we could have been even higher had we been able to actually come back from some stupid early goals we conceded.

I'm not suggesting we should ever aim to be behind of course, just that when we invariably find ourselves in that position that we can turn it on and still win, not just draw.

Mark my words we have put a big marker down this season a big marker and this is our springboard for a genuine assault on the PL title next season.

Chelsea are a spent force, time is catching up on their players like JT, Cashley, Drogba, Essien and Lampard they are not the players they were of the past 2 or 3 seasons age and injuries are taking their toll.

Conversely for City its onwards and upwards a young squad that has just come together and with the aquisitions we intend to make this summer I predict the rags will be sweating like a glass blower's arse.

oddfellows said:
How many of you realistically think that next season we can "knock the rags off their fucking perch"

need to have a good summer and then i believe it will be all about us next year. have to score a lot more goals this year and beat the brain out of the lower opponents

AdamManCity said:
I wouldn't say we need to win all they did to 'knock them off their perch'. They have been a better team than liverpool for a while but only just overtook them on premier league titles, I think that if we do similar to them in the champs league and finish higher than them we are then currently the better team but not the more successful, that is how I perceive it anyway

That's how I see it too. Liverpool fans looked a bit desperate telling United fans "Come back when you've won 18" despite United being the dominant force.

When we overtake them in the league and beat them consistently we have knocked them off their perch. The process started at WEmbley in April and I expect next season to confirm it.

Didsbury Dave said:
AdamManCity said:

That's how I see it too. Liverpool fans looked a bit desperate telling United fans "Come back when you've won 18" despite United being the dominant force.

When we overtake them in the league and beat them consistently we have knocked them off their perch. The process started at WEmbley in April and I expect next season to confirm it.

Starting with the Community Shield - let's throw the gauntlet down

Anyone who thinks it will be easy are crazy.

They'll no doubt have a similar home record because teams turn up having lost already.

But at the same time, anyone who thinks we don't have a chance is also crazy.

I would say over the last 2 months or so we have shown we are already their equals on the pitch. We have developed a ragesque like work ethic and ability to win the games we would have typically blown.
Our squad will organically improve next season through just shifting some on the deadwood loanees and more familarity and the team bonding confidence fromt he end of the season.
Conversely they will need to spend big to maintain this seasons level, Van Der Sar will be a massive ask to replace, whos to say the best £20m they bring in wont turn out to be a Brathez (Remember he was a great keeper till he went there)

CamelGob can only play 20 games a season, Giggs and scholes will play less and less, they have lost lead twat neville this year. Fergiescum has no confidence in their top scorer.
They could easiler spend 100m if the Glaziers allow it and improve the side very little if at all.

They will still be up there and I'ld say if we finish above them we will probably win the league.

Blue Coop said:
Anyone who thinks it will be easy are crazy.

They'll no doubt have a similar home record because teams turn up having lost already.

But at the same time, anyone who thinks we don't have a chance is also crazy.

I don't expect the rags to have a good a home record next season to lose 2 points all season will take some beating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.