Neymar

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by BlueDejong, 25 Dec 2015.

1. kye1991

kye1991

2. kye1991

kye1991

I have no problem saying im wrong however when someone tells me what i was meaning with my own words and they are wrong i will not say i was wrong.

3. kye1991

kye1991

That the club hasnt had a true marquee blockbuster player like neymar and I'd like us to sign him? Not difficult no?

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Southern

Southern

Doubt he is really interested. I think this is just smoke and mirrors . He will go to Madrid eventually, just trying to make it less obvious about his real intentions ( to push for a move to. Madrid eventually )

5. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Messi barely defends. It's a fact. He's allowed to be a passenger and walk when the team loses the ball. He's the worst 'big name' forward in Europe in terms of distance covered. It has to be compensated by his teammates, you can't press purely 'by intelligence'.
    Messi makes the difference on the ball, off the ball he's atrocious nowadays.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5962071/barcelona-lionel-messi-run-least-champions-league/
    http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/12/25/5a415a3322601d2e508b45e0.html

Compare it with the times when Messi could make 3-4 interceptions in a half under Guardiola. He's never had a good stamina, but the positional system Pep designed allowed him to make a very good defensive contribution.

For me personally, the most impressive Barcelona team post-2015 treble is the one when Messi was injured for several months, and Suarez-Neymar pair played upfront, with all the team working hard as a unit. Messi is still the world's best with the ball. But his presence makes the team worse in defence.

Neymar, on the other hand, doesn't have this weakness. He's unique in his blend of skills, athleticism and desire to work hard for the team.

6. Graeme Souness

Graeme Souness

I don't think the club is yet at the stage of signing a 'marquee player' until we win a Champions League. And that doesn't bother me one bit. We are buying players who have the potential to become marquee. As for those marquee players that might be available I think Neymar would be a mistake. I don't doubt his abilities but as we know, he has a rep for going down easily and as we have seen with Raz he wouldn't get a penalty if he got scythed at the knees.

7. jimharri

jimharri

Not for me, thanks. We seem to have a pretty solid dressing room at the moment. Bring Neymar on an astronomical salary, bigger than everybody else, and (allegedly) an ego to match, and some of our star players' noses may well be put out of joint.

8. Mancini Manus Domini

Mancini Manus Domini

We already have our own 'marquee player' who I believe will go on to become the world's best. He's maturing nicely. Just needs another season or two.

9. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

Emery's words are very telling. Neymar would be the wrong signing for us. He would disrupt the dressing room, the wage structure and the Pep's control IMO. Great player but no thanks.

10. simon23

simon23

Team supported:
    ManCity
    Id completely trust Pep and the hierarchy on this one IF it ever became anything like a reality that we could get him. I share the concerns about disrupting the dressing room in a number of ways, wage structure etc bu if the club feel its manageable then thats good enough for me. If Pep did go for him its cause he knows he would have the work rate he demands from all players (or as he says the "humbleness to run" when we don't have the ball.

Think its probably him just after a better contract as happens regularly at this time of year with these type of players.....look at Ronaldo and Bale's comments last night straight after a Champs league win...at that point their position couldnt be stronger so they deliberately elude to "other possibilities" knowing that they will never ever be in a stronger bargaining position than they were last night.