Neymar

Pep wanted him at Bayern as his first signing, he's on the record as being a big fan. Also didn't TH say we had a bid on the table the season he left Barca?

I don't see us going for him, but if Sané did leave for £100m I guess you couldn't rule it out. He's the 2nd/3rd best player in the world and commercially he'd transform the club. 220 million followers on social media, he'd bring in more endorsement money than everyone else at the club combined, and would instantly become the face of the Premier League. When you're talking about 1 of the ~5 most recognisable athletes on the planet, completely worshipped by a country of 250m people and the 9th biggest economy in the world, wages kind of pale into insignificance vs. the brand growth and commercial growth that accompanies having him - especially for a club so keen to grow the brand like City.

The problem is the attitude though - not on the pitch, that's just amateur dramatics that Pep won't care about (Busquets and Pedro did worse under him at Barca). It's the commitment to being a football player 24/7 I think he lacks and Pep wouldn't tolerate, trips back to Brazil for his sister's birthday etc.

The injuries are becoming more regular as well, although part of that is to do with the french officials actually taking the piss with letting people hack the shit out of him - think 3 or 4x worse than the stuff that doesn't get called against us.

Personally don't see PSG letting him go.

Also

When you sign a player that is bigger than the club , you know what you are getting.

Problems.

When you sign a player that is bigger than the club , you know what you are getting.

Problems.
Just seen his appearance stats at PSG and how year on year he playing less and less. Started something like 35 games in his first season at PSG and that has dropped every year to only 16 starts last season in the league due to injury/not being available. All in all, he is trouble and all the baggage and injury trouble far outweigh any talent he has.

PSG like Chelsea seem to allow players direct access to the owner which then undermines the authority of the manager. You reap what you sow..
Not the owner but the president. Your idea still stands though.

I have more and more the idea that this all started because of Nasser interview and the extract that have been published (no more star behavior). After L'Equipe scoop, RMC gave their own informations contradicting what L'Equipe said, now RTL is saying another thing. I highly doubt all those informations that sound like more and more hearsay.

Not the owner but the president. Your idea still stands though.

I have more and more the idea that this all started because of Nasser interview and the extract that have been published (no more star behavior). After L'Equipe scoop, RMC gave their own informations contradicting what L'Equipe said, now RTL is saying another thing. I highly doubt all those informations that sound like more and more hearsay.
So he's not up for sale?

So he's not up for sale?
Who knows ?

Some media say he is, some media say he isn't.

From our forum, some reliable insiders did tell us that Neymar leaving was a possibility 1 or 2 months ago. The the player was thinking about it because he feels like bad luck has strucked him between the injuries and all the other things. Lately, those claims had died down and in the media, there were even notions of a renewal (following Neymar dad saying they were working on it).

Now, what they say is that PSG is unhappy that, everytime he is injured, he gives the authority for the treatment to the Brazil medical team. PSG has no say in it. The incident with the fan in the french cup final (globally his image has deteriorated and it is important for the owners) and some internal troubles. So, the idea was to bring back Leonardo to put some structure back in the day to day life of the club (because Nasser with all his obligations is often absent), to bring some exigence and that if he (or others) doesn't/don't adhere, they'll be sold.

Now, Leonardo has just arrived and he has apparently talked to Neymar. No one knows the outcome. And even if he is sold, PSG intends to get their investment back. So, there will be a need for an exceptional offer for him to leave.

Going by this , the reports last night were not far off ?

I stay cautious because they are using truncated quotes.

The article will be fully published tomorrow.
This is the bit they have leaked :
"I want players willing to give everything to defend the honor of the jersey and to join the club project. Those who do not want, or do not understand, we see each other and we talk to each other. There are of course contracts to be respected (Neymar is under contract with the PSG until 2022), but the priority now is total adhesion to our project. (...) Nobody forced him to sign here. Nobody pushed him. He came knowingly to join a project. "

Note that they put the Neymar bit bewteen () and the use of (...) that shows they shorten his speech to keep the sensational stuff. I'll wait for the part that has been removed and the question he has been asked to have the full picture.

Fair enough.... personally think selling Neymar would really help them strengthen other key areas
I updated my post. See above.

The idea from our insiders is that it is a way to bring back the balance of power in favour of the club : "You can leave if you want but you'll need to bring the money, a lot of money. Until then, you should work your socks off."

The same insiders said there are only two options : someone bring 300 M€ for Neymar and he is sold or his dad stfu and renew until 2024.

Last edited:
Al Khelaifi is not someone to fuck with. He obviously had enough of media stories about Nymar/mbappe going/hating each other, that obviously come from the camps of these two fighting for the number 1 spot or eventually pushing cheap price move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.