Neymar

Barcelona has forgotten another minor condition : pay what PSG is asking for his player.

I prefer him to stay but if the club gets the fee they are asking (around 300 M), they could be active on the market. Will have to buy the right players for the right money though, which is not a given.

Barcelona has forgotten another minor condition : pay what PSG is asking for his player.

I prefer him to stay but if the club gets the fee they are asking (around 300 M), they could be active on the market. Will have to buy the right players for the right money though, which is not a given.
I know what you’re saying but if I was PSG, and was the offer was the money back that you paid, I’d snap their hands off.

I know what you’re saying but if I was PSG, and was the offer was the money back that you paid, I’d snap their hands off.
I don't trust my club to be able to build a better team with that money and without the player.

In France, clubs apply a PSG tax. If we want a player, we have to pay more than the club abroad usually. Or the player would have to absolutely pick us and no one else as Mbappé did. PSG is not like Bayern in Germany, we can't get cheap and good deals in our own league. We wanted Mendy (our former academy player) but he chose Real Madrid. Ndombélé wouldn't come either. Pepe had rabid anti PSG messages in his twitter when he was a bit younger (like 3-4 years ago).

Then, when we want a player abroad, Gueye is valued at 50 M€ or more by Everton, Allan was worth 100 M€ according to Napoli. And so on, and so on.

Thus, you can understand why i feel like getting 222 M€ is not really a win for PSG.

Yes Neymar has his critics rightfully , but look at Barca acting like the Mafia !

These history clubs and their sense of entitlement eh

Only normal and if anything the minimum of what he would have to do. He left, after renewing and entitling himself to a loyalty bonus (26M later rescinded) that remains in court. Plus, no chance fans will accept him back without it, he'll have to show remorse which by all accounts he's been experiencing since landing in Paris - seems to be the worst kept secret that he is miserable with PSG and of course Barcelona can't pay those insane wages

Problem is while uber talented and still young, Brasilians are infamous for their attacking players both peaking & fading early in their careers. Plus, PSG indulged him even worse than Barcelona did making his sister's annual birthday retreat pale by comparison. He hasn't played a full season since arriving and his professionalism has only gotten worse, if anything his value should be a fraction of his initial transfer fee when he was actually at his best

But the player clearly is desperate to return, teammates appear to be desperate for it too and while I despise Bartomeu I had counted on his veto in this operation but in the end the sporting decisions simply continue to baffle. So I see them pushing for a deal, we'll see how badly Nasser wants him out because I am certain Raiola's tactics for getting a player's wish to exit will be nothing like what Zahavi, Ney Sr. & Kia will have in mind

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I don't trust my club to be able to build a better team with that money and without the player.

In France, clubs apply a PSG tax. If we want a player, we have to pay more than the club abroad usually. Or the player would have to absolutely pick us and no one else as Mbappé did. PSG is not like Bayern in Germany, we can't get cheap and good deals in our own league. We wanted Mendy (our former academy player) but he chose Real Madrid. Ndombélé wouldn't come either. Pepe had rabid anti PSG messages in his twitter when he was a bit younger (like 3-4 years ago).

Then, when we want a player abroad, Gueye is valued at 50 M€ or more by Everton, Allan was worth 100 M€ according to Napoli. And so on, and so on.

Thus, you can understand why i feel like getting 222 M€ is not really a win for PSG.
We know the feeling :)

Exclusive! Neymar Sr. and the player's lawyer will meet with André Cury from Barça today in Catalunya, according to @marcelobechler & @Esp_Interativo. There is a very big confidence that the deal will be closed. All roads lead to Barcelona. The thing warms up, the operation is extremely complex, but tomorrow may be "D-day" - some players can be included in the deal. Philippe Coutinho and Dembélé were not sought by PSG according to Bechler who first broke story of him going to PSG

Adding insult to injury, turns out apart from De Ligt's salary demands, the Neymar deal too precedence over pursuit of the central defender reflecting just how misguided the sporting direction of the club continues to be. Pep already echoed what I have said, that chapter is effectively closed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.